Calhoun put the hit on Drummond? | The Boneyard

Calhoun put the hit on Drummond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe Calhoun told somebody to break Drummond's nose. Toughen the sucka up a little. He looks way more loose and way more natural out there today. Might have been humbled a little. But now it's time for Mr. Drummond to dominate. Dunking all day and all night. All over the defenses.

Reaction Score
I'm just glad his nose got through the game in one piece. Now he gets another weak and half to heal further if needed.

Reaction Score
he looked great on defense today and the offense is going to come around and i expect big things from mr. drummond.

Reaction Score
drummond is such a better player without that face mask blocking his vision.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
He looked more comfortable and intimidating (somehow) without the mask. Maybe things will continue to open up for him. He needs to be more conscious of committing fouls tho because we need him to stay on the floor.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He looked more comfortable and intimidating (somehow) without the mask. Maybe things will continue to open up for him. He needs to be more conscious of committing fouls tho because we need him to stay on the floor.

That's for sure. Our team is looking very different when he is out of the game. His presence is a deterrent and his getting dumb fouls to put him on he bench is a problem he needs to solve. I would suggest his trying to pick the pocket of guards at the 3 point line may not be the best play.

When he came back in for the 2nd half, he was very tentative trying to avoid fouls and he kept avoiding fouls the rest of the game, even when he did not really need to. I know these are his growing pains...I just hope he learns quickly enough that we get to reap some of the benefits of his potential before he leaves.

On the chat, someone commented about how amazingly high Andre got up in the air on a shot that was way over his head. He didn't get it, but wow, he can soar. Hopefully our guards will figure out how to get him more alley oops.

Reaction Score
Here's a quote from Andre from the ESPN.com game recap re: the mask.

Drummond, who had five dunks in his six field goals, played for the first time this season without a protective mask he was forced to use after breaking his nose in practice.

"I was really excited to play without the mask," the 6-foot-11 freshman said. "I wasn't nervous at all. I just felt like I was home again. I could see out of the corners of my eyes. I felt a lot more aware."

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE CRUSADERS!!!

Reaction Score
Maybe Calhoun told somebody to break Drummond's nose. Toughen the sucka up a little. He looks way more loose and way more natural out there today. Might have been humbled a little. But now it's time for Mr. Drummond to dominate. Dunking all day and all night. All over the defenses.

The goes through people's heads?
Facepalm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member