Calhoun on CBS This Morning | The Boneyard

Calhoun on CBS This Morning

Reaction Score
Calhoun is still vastly under rated as a coach.
He will never get the credit he deserves. If you really try to be as objective as possible.....I realize it's impossible for us. But just try to be objective. UConn was a cesspool when he came in. Substandard facilities, substandard coach, perennial doormat of the Big East..........for the youngsters that didn't live this, suffice to say we were Rutgers. Think about that. And 30 years later we have 4 National Championships............all because of one man with an unwavering passion. K, Roy Williams, Nosepicker, Calimari.............they have everything handed to them. Outside of Wooden, who revolutionized the game, can't think of anyone that built a program from NOTHING..........maybe LESS than nothing, than Jimmy C. Every friggin street in the state should be named after him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Every friggin street in the state should be named after him.
Take a left on Calhoun drive, go for about a mile and you will hit Calhoun lane, now you will want to continue on that about another mile, another left on Calhoun street, drive under James C bypass and finally take a right on Jim Calhoun Rd. You'll know you are there when you see a big Husky cross. You've gone too far if you hit James A Calhoun roundabout and will have to take the first right onto Jim C throughway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A MUST watch for any Husky fan. It is great to see him coaching again and watching that piece, I just kept thinking UConn. I've been excited for Hurley and what he will turn our program back into, but to me, Calhoun will always be our Coach.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Coach Calhoun is the only person who I’ve ever been “star struck” when I met him. I was on my recruiting trip and was being shown the training facilities in Gampel and he happened to be in the hallway. I stuttered out something, but I was just in complete awe of him.

I think of Coach the same way we think of the Rooney family here in Pittsburgh. He was the architect of something that is much bigger than anyone could’ve imagined and means so much to so many.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How can you not love the guy? He's so real. Just a really good man. We were fortunate to have him as our coach for so many years. Hope he hangs around at least one more season to get to 900 wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom