Calhoun interview on game day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calhoun interview on game day

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dude, stop. That team was #15 in the KenPom ratings against the 13th toughest schedule in the country. They lost 8 games, three of which were against the top rated Louisville team. Would you seriously make a stink about calling Danny Manning's Kansas team " one of the worst ever" ?? KP's rating system pegs Shabbazz as the #2 player in the country that year. That's how college hoops works. Good lord

That 2014 team was #15 KenPom AFTER WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Most national champions finish 1 or 2 in KenPom, although there are a few 3's. The 2011 UConn team finished 10 after winning it, and Syracuse finished 8 in 2003, and other than that, every national champion was 3 or better in KenPom after winning the championship since he started his ranking system. So that 2014 is the worst national champion in the history of KenPom, and by quite a bit.

Thank you for proving my point.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I might take exception that there are no great teams this year. I mean right now UConn looks pretty great to me. I said in late February that the country will know who the best shooting guard in the country is. Now they know Jordan Hawkins and again all due respect as a sophomore he looks every bit the player that Allen and Rip where. He moves without the ball like Rip and he shoots like Allen. He may be better than both by the time his career is over.

Reaction Score
Calhoun was a great recruiter and player developer. His teams got better as the year went on.

As for building programs from scratch, of course he will also be remembered most for UConn. But people forget he turned Northeastern into a national great in the early and mid 80s including Tourney wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom