Calhoun Court | The Boneyard

Calhoun Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What do you guys think about naming the court after Coach much like Coach K Court or Eddie Sutton Court?

Reaction Score
Will never happen - not when you have another Hall of Famer on the women's side.

Reaction Score
When the men play it's calhoun court. when the women play it's Auriemma court. Pretty easy solution.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
how about we just wait with this stuff and see who ends up making the biggest donation to the pf. i have a feeling him name may be in bold on the front of it one day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've been stumping for this solution for years:

1. Rename Hillside Road in front of Gampel "Calhoun's Way"
2. Name the court at Gampel "Hall of Fame Court"
3. When Auriema retires rename Stadium Road "Auriema Avenue"

Mandatory camera shot of the two street signs for every home game broadcast "We're here on the Hall of Fame Court in Gampel Pavillion located at the corner of Calhoun's Way and Auriema Avenue."

One consideration is that the new basketball practice center would eventually be on Auriema Avenue. I still think it's better to have the main drag named after Jim.

An option that was suggested today was to add the signature of Jim and Geno to the opposite sides of the court. I like that idea.

I am going to post this everytime this issue comes up in the hope that it gains traction.

Reaction Score
I hate that the Geno argument always gets in the way. Bobby Cremins and John Cres have courts named after them but not a top 5 coach of all time. It's crazy.

Geno deserves to be honored but not along with JC. Name something else after Geno- but the Court belongs to JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom