Calhoun charity game Aug. 10th | The Boneyard

Calhoun charity game Aug. 10th

Reaction Score
I was reading an article in the Hamden Post-Chronicle and it mentioned the the all-star charity game was on August 10th but can't find any confirmation any where beside this article. It's not listed on Mohegan Sun's site yet.

Does anyone know if that is the day it's going to be this year?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I've seen that date reported on twitter from our local writers. Tough to predict the vibe this year. Actually kinda surprised it's still happening. Are the girls still involved?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Why Surprised? It's Calhoun's charity event and it's a good timing to introduce Hurley to the player alumni and fans.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lolz.
Didn’t jmick call you a lawyer IN THIS THREAD?

Did you refute it?
First, I clicked on your original post just as you edited it. So the the reply text was different than the text on my screen. I'm think WTF better call IT, oh wait, I'm talking to him.

IT-guy.jpg

Second, he may have (don't know, I don't see his posts.) I don't respond to that stuff one way or another. No doubt he assumed you were right since you say it so often. He should realize that you can't trust content from "ADub."

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
(A) I can't believe this is still being discussed, but (B) are you really saying that you think Ollie should have just rolled over and accepted the university claiming cause? You're acting like Ollie committed some unspeakable act by pushing back against the school's attempt to get off without paying him a dime. It's insane. No coach in the world would do that.

Incidentally, no NBA team is going to give two c ks that he chased his money from UConn when he's holding a clipboard at the end of someone's bench. This isn't the guy in the cubicle next to you claiming a hostile work environment because he got fired for playing Fortnite all day.
(A) I can't believe this is still being discussed, but (B) are you really saying that you think UConn should have just rolled over and paid Ollie money he's not owed? You're acting like UConn committed some unspeakable act by pushing back against a guy trying to get paid for not working even though he breached his contract. It's insane. No employer in the world would do that.

See what I did there?

I think Ollie is a better fit as an NBA coach but if you think any employer isn't going to pay attention to how he handles being fired, you are stunningly naive. A lot of what happens in the world happens in margins.

CL82

Reaction Score
This is exactly how a union is supposed to work. How previous coaches were treated with similar transgressions is key. This is bullseye as opposed to outer fringe. There is the potential for an argument of violation of federal labor law.
It's more relevant if they have the same language in their contracts, which may not be the case. Regardless, @jleves nailed the analysis in his post above.

Reaction Score
The former players and the current coaches are all supporting KO on this one. A contract is a contract and you better have a good reason to void it. So far DB has not been able to come up with a compelling reason. This is why the other active coaches are concern with the for course clause. If there is no good for course and this is all about performance, then all current contracts are essentially null and void. If there is any personal issues and DB release it, It will make UCONN look petty and I guarantee that there will be a blow back. DB should just do the right thing and pay the buy out. UCONN is already losing the media war with this crap. DB by the way is not doing a good job with his decisions so far

Reaction Score
The former players and the current coaches are all supporting KO on this one. A contract is a contract and you better have a good reason to void it. So far DB has not been able to come up with a compelling reason. This is why the other active coaches are concern with the for course clause. If there is no good for course and this is all about performance, then all current contracts are essentially null and void. If there is any personal issues and DB release it, It will make UCONN look petty and I guarantee that there will be a blow back. DB should just do the right thing and pay the buy out. UCONN is already losing the media war with this crap. DB by the way is not doing a good job with his decisions so far

The former players and the current coaches are all supporting KO on this one.

NOT TRUE

C

Chief00

The former players and the current coaches are all supporting KO on this one.

NOT TRUE

They liked KO but no one is seriously challenging that change was needed.
Now as far as the contract payout, people have emotional feelings about it, but unless you have factual knowledge of the “for cause” reasons, it’s just that - feelings.

Reaction Score
They liked KO but no one is seriously challenging that change was needed.
Now as far as the contract payout, people have emotional feelings about it, but unless you have factual knowledge of the “for cause” reasons, it’s just that - feelings.
Yep just feelings....Let's all hum a few bars....:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom