Calhoun Charity Basketball Game Question | The Boneyard

Calhoun Charity Basketball Game Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey everybody. I will be a 1st timer attending the game this year and I was curious how the whole thing works. I have read lots of posts about players being available for photos and what not. Is that before or after the game? Are there any other events that go on that weekend or is it just the game?

Can't wait for the trip.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hey everybody. I will be a 1st timer attending the game this year and I was curious how the whole thing works. I have read lots of posts about players being available for photos and what not. Is that before or after the game? Are there any other events that go on that weekend or is it just the game?

Can't wait for the trip.
im in the same boat

Reaction Score
I went to the last one. It was a lot of fun. After the game all the fans are invited around the end of the court and the players sign and take pictures w everyone. The more popular players (Ray) were mobbed and really just signed and didn't take pictures. Guys like Dyson, Okafor, Sticks, were really nice. Hope to see you guys there

Reaction Score
I went to the last one. It was a lot of fun. After the game all the fans are invited around the end of the court and the players sign and take pictures w everyone. The more popular players (Ray) were mobbed and really just signed and didn't take pictures. Guys like Dyson, Okafor, Sticks, were really nice. Hope to see you guys there
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it.

Reaction Score

Can't wait for the trip.
You're in for a treat. I've been to 3 or 4 of them, and they are a blast. The basketball is high octane, and good spirited. I've never gone down for the autographs, but the basketball and atmosphere are fun and highly entertaining.

Reaction Score
Just got my tickets over the weekend. Ive been to every one since 2004 and i would recommend this event to ALL UConn fans. Most every one of the important old players come back for this game which says a lot about their relationship with JC and the program. They are broken up into 2 teams and the game is four 10 minute quarters. The only negative thing i have to say is Hamilton hasnt been back since 2004 but maybe this year he will make his return. Its just great to see the old players all together and see them play in person again. With all the negative stuff going on around the program, this is a reminder of how good things have been over the last 25 years. And by the way Ray Allen is always the last player introduced and he gets the loudest ovation. I got a feeling that Kemba will upstage him this time.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If any Rookies need a few Veteran tips on how to really Enjoy this event, shoot me a private message. You won't be Disappointed. I'm Paying it Forward-

Reaction Score
This event is a great time for Husky fans. To see all the former players that are making an impact in the League as well as players that may not be NBA top flight talent but were our favorites (Rashaad Anderson, Kevin Freeman, KO, Travis Knight!!!!!).

At the end hang around where Rudy Gay is...he takes his shoes off signs them and will toss them into the group of folks (just don't be the guy that shoves a little kid out of the way to get one ;)

As if we didn't already know, Okafor is a gem...he will not leave until anyone who wants an autograph gets one. The arena staff have to literally pull him away so they can close the doors.

The last time we saw the new UConn recruits for the upcoming season (was Oriakhi, Tyler Olander, Roscoe, Bazz at the time) as school is not too far away. They were not part of the game but were hanging outside the arena doors after the game and had some fun taking pics with the kids. I bet some of our current guys will be there this year as well.

So much fun and the whole family really loves it.

Oh, Don't forget to get a burger and shake at the Bobby Flay burger place...Ifriggin awesome night all around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom