Caitlin joins the Gatorade Team | The Boneyard

Caitlin joins the Gatorade Team

Reaction Score
This deal also continues after she graduates I believe. This debunks the theory she sticks around for another season just for NIL.

Reaction Score
This deal also continues after she graduates I believe. This debunks the theory she sticks around for another season just for NIL.
Yeah, she’s gonna team up with Aliyah and NaLyssa in Indiana. :D

Reaction Score
Yeah, she’s gonna team up with Aliyah and NaLyssa in Indiana. :D
I honestly don't think even Caitlin has any idea what she will do at this point.

With her NIL deals money is pretty much no factor; and I don't think that is even an element driving her decision.

I don't follow the WNBA so this is sheer speculation, but something I think is important to her and may be missing at the professional level is the family atmosphere and camradrie emphasized by Lisa Bluder at Iowa.

I know this causes some UConn fans to grind their teeth, but Bluder knows she has a once-in-a-lifetime talent in Clark and she embraces it.
She lets Caitlin run with her talent, and the entire team is onboard with it. It's what gives them the best chance to win.

Would other "professionals" put up with that on her team? Maybe, maybe not. But I doubt she'll ever enjoy the sisterhood in the WNBA that she revels in now.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't think even Caitlin has any idea what she will do at this point.

With her NIL deals money is pretty much no factor; and I don't think that is even an element driving her decision.

I don't follow the WNBA so this is sheer speculation, but something I think is important to her and may be missing at the professional level is the family atmosphere and camradrie emphasized by Lisa Bluder at Iowa.

I know this causes some UConn fans to grind their teeth, but Bluder knows she has a once-in-a-lifetime talent in Clark and she embraces it.
She lets Caitlin run with her talent, and the entire team is onboard with it. It's what gives them the best chance to win.

Would other "professionals" put up with that on her team? Maybe, maybe not. But I doubt she'll ever enjoy the sisterhood in the WNBA that she revels in now.
No offense but your perspective is definitely that of an Iowa fan and I get it, because I would want her to stay if she were at South Carolina...

If she is a generational talent, she'll have plenty of games in the W where she takes over the game to ensure a win. I think this last season set a record for most 40+ point individual performances in the WNBA.

I also heard her boyfriend works for the Pacers, which also own the Fever, so this would be an opportunity to be near her boyfriend, which I think would be hard opportunity to give up. Also, she already has relationships with other players in the league from her time on USA teams... and one of those players happens to be Boston. So she and Boston already have a preexisting relationship, though probably not as tight as her relationships with her Iowa teammates.

I doubt she will be as lucky with the next draft because the Fever will probably not get the #1 pick next season. Honestly, this setup is the best scenario she could ever want.

Reaction Score
No offense but your perspective is definitely that of an Iowa fan and I get it, because I would want her to stay if she were at South Carolina...

If she is a generational talent, she'll have plenty of games in the W where she takes over the game to ensure a win. I think this last season set a record for most 40+ point individual performances in the WNBA.

I also heard her boyfriend works for the Pacers, which also own the Fever, so this would be an opportunity to be near her boyfriend, which I think would be hard opportunity to give up. Also, she already has relationships with other players in the league from her time on USA teams... and one of those players happens to be Boston. So she and Boston already have a preexisting relationship, though probably not as tight as her relationships with her Iowa teammates.

I doubt she will be as lucky with the next draft because the Fever will probably not get the #1 pick next season. Honestly, this setup is the best scenario she could ever want.
All good points. Selfishly I would like to see her stay another year to help with the four recruits coming in and of course the chance to go deep in the tournament. My point wasn't that I wanted her to stay, just putting out a perspective I haven't seen elsewhere.

Reaction Score
All good points. Selfishly I would like to see her stay another year to help with the four recruits coming in and of course the chance to go deep in the tournament. My point wasn't that I wanted her to stay, just putting out a perspective I haven't seen elsewhere.
A lot of these college athletes are in that “family” atmosphere. One thing we as fans sometimes overlook is the fact that the great ones are competitors first and for most of them their dream has been to play for the W. Being the #1 draft pick is a huge honor. Caitlin teaming up with NaLyssa Smith and Aliyah is similar to the back-to-back first rounders that other franchises (Minnesota, Seattle, Vegas) have used to catapult their teams to multiple championships. I became a W fan following all the SC players and selfishly hope CC teams up with Aliyah and we see what they can do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom