Caitlin Clark | The Boneyard

Caitlin Clark

Reaction Score
Is rumored to be committing to Oregon. Those damn ducks!

Reaction Score
Is rumored to be committing to Oregon. Those damn ducks!

Great. So now I can confirm to others with the utmost certainty that I just heard a rumor that
Caitlin Clark is rumored to be committing to Oregon.

Reaction Score
Great. So now I can confirm to others with the utmost certainty that I just heard a rumor that
I mean, it came directly from a commit, so I’d say there is definitely substance to it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I mean, it came directly from a commit, so I’d say there is definitely substance to it.

The "it" you refer to is this quote below in green. Still think "it" is around the lines of New Frontier's comment.
Clark took an unofficial to Oregon last summer, follows Oregon/Ionescu and is good buddies with both Parrish and Watson (thanks to Orangutan for e-sleuthing), so a commit there would not surprise me. I could easily see her quarterbacking the iteration of O-ball. I could hopefully see her doing the same for ND, but I'd settle for her making an OV there to see the place again, particularly now that we've opened up the new hoops facility.
Stay tuned.

“I’ve been hearing Caitlin Clark [ESPN's fourth-ranked overall player] might commit," she said. "That would be really exciting to have her with us. But, I’ll play with whoever comes to Oregon."

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
The "it" you refer to is this quote below in green. Still think "it" is around the lines of New Frontier's comment.
Clark took an unofficial to Oregon last summer, follows Oregon/Ionescu and is good buddies with both Parrish and Watson (thanks to Orangutan for e-sleuthing), so a commit there would not surprise me. I could easily see her quarterbacking the iteration of O-ball. I could hopefully see her doing the same for ND, but I'd settle for her making an OV there to see the place again, particularly now that we've opened up the new hoops facility.
Stay tuned.

“I’ve been hearing Caitlin Clark [ESPN's fourth-ranked overall player] might commit," she said. "That would be really exciting to have her with us. But, I’ll play with whoever comes to Oregon."

I think "might" is the operative word here, and it really doesn't say anything more than "it's possible"--just as it's possible that Clark will commit to Notre Dame or some other school. If it did, then I think the Oregon boards would be full of related posts, and they're not. The most recent (presumably informed) information coming from Eugene is that Clark will likely make official visits to both Oregon and Notre Dame, and then commit sometime in the fall. At this point, I don't think Oregon comes out on top, but I certainly wouldn't mind being wrong.

Reaction Score
I think "might" is the operative word here, and it really doesn't say anything more than "it's possible"--just as it's possible that Clark will commit to Notre Dame or some other school. If it did, then I think the Oregon boards would be full of related posts, and they're not. The most recent (presumably informed) information coming from Eugene is that Clark will likely make official visits to both Oregon and Notre Dame, and then commit sometime in the fall. At this point, I don't think Oregon comes out on top, but I certainly wouldn't mind being wrong.
I agree with Jonson on this one...there really is no there there on this rumor. This all started with an Oregon fan site’s interview with one of the Oregon commits who said Clark might commit. It’s fascinating to watch how this rumor has spread quickly across fan sites associated with schools with an interest in Clark. We know that Oregon’s five current commits all talk regularly and one of them, Sydney Parrish, is a very good friend of Clark’s and is trying hard to get her to Oregon. A week ago the Portland Oregon newspaper posted audio of an 8 minute interview with Parrish where she said clearly she’s working hard to get Clark to Oregon but Parrish acknowledged that Clark wasn’t there yet. Given who the Ducks have lined up to date I doubt Clark ends up a Duck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom