C7BE | The Boneyard

C7BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was thinking last night how excited the C7 WBB teams must be to be rid of CT, ND, Louisville and Rutgers. No doubt that the new conference will be more competitive within league play. Who becomes the dominant program in the C7BE? DePaul? Marquette? Georgetown? No matter who emerges as the cream of the crop, I have a hard time seeing Providence of Seton Hall getting out of the basement any time soon.

Reaction Score
I doubt that the powers that be which made this decision have given a second's thought to WBB.

Reaction Score
My post had nothing to do with the powers that be. It was focused on the WBB teams in the C7BE. Not sure how you made the leap to inferring I was talking about the decision to break away.

On edit: I corrected the original post to make it clear it was about WBB, not the C7 in general.

Reaction Score
sorry, I took the first two sentences of your post to be speaking of the C7BE athletic establishment.

I've already been decreasing my posting, it may be time for me to chuck this altogether. Again, my apologies.

Reaction Score
sorry, I took the first two sentences of your post to be speaking of the C7BE athletic establishment.

I've already been decreasing my posting, it may be time for me to chuck this altogether. Again, my apologies.
After reading my original part with a more critical eye I can see how you might have understood that. The fault is mine for not being more clear. I apologize to you for getting defensive.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this will affect recruiting for the Catholic 7 since they will no longer be playing top teams like UConn and ND. I'm sure there were/are kids on these teams that looked forward to taking a shot at both schools.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this will affect recruiting for the Catholic 7 since they will no longer be playing top teams like UConn and ND. I'm sure there were/are kids on these teams that looked forward to taking a shot at both schools.

you don't really think that players might have gone to those schools because they would have a chance to play against uconn or nd. i think it's more likely that they went to those schools because the big east was one of the best conferences for women's basketball. there was a time when it was probably the best wbb conference in the country. i'd be more concerned about uconn's ability to recruit to a conference which might be one of the weakest in the country.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I would think Depaul & Nova will be the teams that lead the conference over the next couple of years. Then it will be interesting to see if Marquette can make any inroads.

Reaction Score
you don't really think that players might have gone to those schools because they would have a chance to play against uconn or nd. i think it's more likely that they went to those schools because the big east was one of the best conferences for women's basketball. there was a time when it was probably the best wbb conference in the country. i'd be more concerned about uconn's ability to recruit to a conference which might be one of the weakest in the country.

I would agree with you IF UCONN didn't have such a powerful out of conference schedule. Nobody comes to UCONN to play Providence or Marquette they come here to play Baylor or Stanford or Duke or Maryland or Penn St and have the chance of winning a NC every single year!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I was thinking last night how excited the C7 WBB teams must be to be rid of CT, ND, Louisville and Rutgers. No doubt that the new conference will be more competitive within league play. Who becomes the dominant program in the C7BE? DePaul? Marquette? Georgetown? No matter who emerges as the cream of the crop, I have a hard time seeing Providence of Seton Hall getting out of the basement any time soon.

I doubt that they are that excited. Playing UConn increases their RPI, plus, some of them are Geno's friends.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm thinking the new name for the Catholic Schools might be "Little Sisters of the BEast."

Reaction Score
I would agree with you IF UCONN didn't have such a powerful out of conference schedule. Nobody comes to UCONN to play Providence or Marquette they come here to play Baylor or Stanford or Duke or Maryland or Penn St and have the chance of winning a NC every single year!
but they did come to play nd, rutgers, villanova, louisville, syracuse, georgetown, st. johns, west virginia. it certainly has been a really strong conference, although not quite as strong this season. if they can come up with a few more quality out of conference games then they might be ok. but, still, the new conference does look like a mid-major.

Reaction Score
I see the C7 as being no better than the A10 and no worse than
the Colonial Conference (sans EDD).

Reaction Score
Good point regarding strength of BE. How soon we (me) forget that the conference had some really strong years. A couple of bad years and all the good is forgotten.
I don't think UConn will have any recruiting problems because of the conference they end up in. It's still UConn and their out of conference schedule will always be the best.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I'm thinking the new name for the Catholic Schools might be "Little Sisters of the BEast."

I think I had some nuns from that order..particularly in fifth and sixth grade!:eek:

Actually, reminds me a bit of "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman. If you haven't read it, I highly, highly recommend it: hilarious!

Reaction Score
I see the C7 as being no better than the A10 and no worse than
the Colonial Conference (sans EDD).

A10 is definitely losing Temple to UConn's conference. They could be losing Xavier, Dayton, and St. Louis to the Catholics. Temple, Xavier and Dayton have gotten a number of NCAA bids in years past. I'm expecting that the future Catholic League will definitely be better than the A10 in future years, and will end up much more likely to get at large bids.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time seeing how small private schools will continue at the level they have used to, without the mainstays of this conference for the past 15-20 years. But I could care less to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom