C7 to announce league membership tomorrow? | The Boneyard

C7 to announce league membership tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If it's true, and there's no reason to believe it isn't true, then the A-10 just got kicked in the nards. Wow. Poor VCU...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't understand why they would go to 12 teams?

Add: Butler, Xavier, Dayton to get to 10, have an 18 team, home and home conference schedule and call it a day.

You have a pretty damn good hoops league, that logically and logistically makes sense.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
i found a insider that knew about this days ago on twitter

Dan@HuskyfanDan
if they go 16 big then #drake, #creighton, #davidson, #bonnies, #duq types should be in play.

6 JanDan@HuskyfanDan
i'm thinking #dayton, #xavier and #butler are the best adds, then #stl, #vcu. that could be the 12 with best possible markets and programs.

6 JanDan@HuskyfanDan
the c7 are clearly going to add either 3, 5 or 9 teams quick. thats how they can get max $ thru max inventory in prime markets.

It looks like they are going to target Catholic schools primarily, which isn't a surprise. What also isn't a surprise is that they are leaving out St. Joe's, a relatively well known Catholic basketball school, because.....Nova strikes again!!! They are such insecure punks!

Reaction Score
I know Fordham is a perennial seller dweller, but they would be an outside-the-box addition. NYC + good academics (probably best after Georgetown of the C7). YES Network actually airs a bunch of their games, so they have more of a following than people might perceive. Between SHU, SJU and the C7 league would have a strong grip on NYC.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Add: Butler, Xavier, Dayton to get to 10, have an 18 team, home and home conference schedule and call it a day.

You have a pretty damn good hoops league, that logically and logistically makes sense.
I think they are adding as many strong programs as possible to balance the weak of the C7.

Reaction Score

Duh, so they can have a championship game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
i found a insider that knew about this days ago on twitter

Dan@HuskyfanDan
if they go 16 big then #drake, #creighton, #davidson, #bonnies, #duq types should be in play.

6 JanDan@HuskyfanDan
i'm thinking #dayton, #xavier and #butler are the best adds, then #stl, #vcu. that could be the 12 with best possible markets and programs.

6 JanDan@HuskyfanDan
the c7 are clearly going to add either 3, 5 or 9 teams quick. thats how they can get max $ thru max inventory in prime markets.

Your joke tweets are almost identical in form to mhver3 and the Dude's real tweets. Predict everything, then you will always be right. Well done.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The C7 are going to get more than $50MM, and there is going to be a lot of Tier 3 inventory for the individual schools to sell separately. They are going to be just fine.

The one caveat is that the current A10 contract is probably for a limited amount of inventory, leaving the schools to sell a lot remaining content separately. In other words, I am sure Butler is projecting a lot more than $400k of TV revenue for this season. I can see a buy in, but I don't know how likely they are going to be to take a half share, since I am sure their consultants will say that Xavier and Butler are much bigger drivers of the Fox TV deal than Providence and Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
It's in UCONN's interest ... keeping the hoop strong ... to be connected to good hoop teams. If the C-7 don't want to include VCU, we should start a good solid series. IF we want to play in NYC, we should contract with Fordham ... heck, St. John's doesn't buy you much. The league we are in should scoop up games with good teams. Content for TV networks. The C-7 are off & running: Pick up your opportunities.

Reaction Score
It's in UCONN's interest ... keeping the hoop strong ... to be connected to good hoop teams. If the C-7 don't want to include VCU, we should start a good solid series. IF we want to play in NYC, we should contract with Fordham ... heck, St. John's doesn't buy you much. The league we are in should scoop up games with good teams. Content for TV networks. The C-7 are off & running: Pick up your opportunities.

I see where you are going with this, but I don't like your examples. If we want to play in NYC do a neutral court game against the likes of Duke or Kentucky at MSG or Barclays Center. Instead of VCU just schedule Michigan State, Kansas, Texas and UCLA - top schools that are not afraid to have a strong OOC schedule.

I think playing VCU, Gonazaga, St. Marys, Butler, etc. kind of pigeonholes us in the "best of the rest" category. We want to be looked at as one of the blue bloods in BBall.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I see where you are going with this, but I don't like your examples. If we want to play in NYC do a neutral court game against the likes of Duke or Kentucky at MSG or Barclays Center. Instead of VCU just schedule Michigan State, Kansas, Texas and UCLA - top schools that are not afraid to have a strong OOC schedule.

I think playing VCU, Gonazaga, St. Marys, Butler, etc. kind of pigeonholes us in the "best of the rest" category. We want to be looked at as one of the blue bloods in BBall.

THIS was my point. The neutral site game in NYC will attract a MUCH bigger name than Fordham! That's what we should look at...

Reaction Score
This sounds like an interesting league. I think a few of the former BE members are going to regret adding some of these teams when they start getting spanked by them. Oh and there will be drama among this group for sure.

Reaction Score

Butler might have some reluctance to being the only non-Catholic.
If that's the case, might go with Richmond or possibly VCU, but I think Richmond is better & a better fit for them.

Reaction Score

The Big Catholic wants to have as good a chance as possible to remain relevant in the new landscape, and as much as that means "having enough powerful teams", it also means "putting as much distance as possible in between you and the next best". In basketball terms, that means still being perceived as a "major" conference.

Certainly an argument could be made that just Butler, Xavier and Dayton remove any chance of the A-10 being a close "next best", especially with Temple on its way out as well. But Creighton also puts a hurt on the Missouri Valley, widening further the gap there.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Certainly an argument could be made that just Butler, Xavier and Dayton remove any chance of the A-10 being a close "next best", especially with Temple on its way out as well. But Creighton also puts a hurt on the Missouri Valley, widening further the gap there.

Exactly. The A-10 beat out the PAc-12 the last two years for Conference RPI. With the Big East out of the picture the C-12 will challenge the SEC for 4th place.

Reaction Score
Go to 12 with Butler, Creighton, VCU, Xavier, Dayton.

I'd watch the better games from a league with those teams.

RS9999X

Reaction Score

5 teams in the Top 33 in the AP and Coaches polls (Georgetown, Marquette, VCU, Butler and Creighton). Likely one more by season's end

Reaction Score

Why would a conference of Catholic schools (most <10k students) want to be associated with a very large (30k+ students) public university in VCU?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Why would a conference of Catholic schools (most <10k students) want to be associated with a very large (30k+ students) public university in VCU?

Money? That's why they associated with schools like that in the past, right? Just sayin'...

Reaction Score
Money? That's why they associated with schools like that in the past, right? Just sayin'...

They associated 30+ years ago. Surely you're not suggesting that decision-making process still applies today.

VCU would be a mistake IMHO. If they want that area, they should take Richmond.

Reaction Score
Wow, check out this latest tweet from Mrwv3:

#CYO7 #catholics #conversion VCU is being baptized right now. my vatican source is surprised that school named after protestant virgin (hardly) throws in towel after 500 years, but realignment is scary.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Wow, check out this latest tweet from Mrwv3:

#CYO7 #catholics #conversion VCU is being baptized right now. my vatican source is surprised that school named after protestant virgin (hardly) throws in towel after 500 years, but realignment is scary.

It's the presence of the El Amarna markings on the Medical School AKA as the Egyptian Building. All the Amen stuff and homage to Akhnaten and his son Tut gets them teary-eyed in the Towers of Mordor the Holy See and all-seeing eye..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104