C. Williams wins the Naismith! | The Boneyard

C. Williams wins the Naismith!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
3rd UConn recruit in 4 years! Congrats to our future Husky!

Connecticut Huskies recruit Christyn Williams named 2018 Naismith player of the year

I hope the link works.

Well.............congratulations to Christyn. I'm happy she chose to come to UConn. She's going to be a very easy player to root and cheer for. I'm wondering if her winning this award will put undue pressure on her from UConn fans to come in and perform at a high level right away like they did for Megan? Or will the collective allow her to come in and go through the normal progression of assimilating into the program (and college life), and learn Geno's system at her own pace...............like every other freshman before her? It will be interesting and fun to see her and Dangerous on the floor together. A real headache for opponents to be sure. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
small priase.png

Can't wait to see her in the all-star games, and more importantly, on campus in Storrs !

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Can we just be happy for a thread of reasonable length before we indulge the New England penchant to immediately start gnawing on the bones of trouble and disaster. This is a Boneyard, but come on!

Reaction Score
Can we just be happy for a thread of reasonable length before we indulge the New England penchant to immediately start gnawing on the bones of trouble and disaster. This is a Boneyard, but come on!

We're New Englanders. This is not the land of milk and honey. We're cold much of the year. We're snowed in. We get bad storms. We're coming from tough land and strict religion. Gnawing on bones of trouble and disaster is what we do!

Wouldn't be New England if we didn't!

Reaction Score
Now Rocky one cannot just make that a New England thing, not fair. As you speak of bones of trouble and disaster please note under your avatar it states
"Don't look up!" :D ;)

We're New Englanders. This is not the land of milk and honey. We're cold much of the year. We're snowed in. We get bad storms. We're coming from tough land and strict religion. Gnawing on bones of trouble and disaster is what we do!

Wouldn't be New England if we didn't!
Gnawing on bones of trouble and disaster is what we do!
Fairfield Ct. Surely you speak of the stock market and not that of working the farm year round. ;) :D

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The legend begins.

Don't get too excited. As we have seen, unless your name is Maya Moore or Breanna Stewart, your freshman year will probably be back page news. Megan was HS NPOY and it mattered not. So the legend may have to wait a couple of years. If she can contribute in a manner similar to Lou, Phee, and Kia's freshman year, then I will be most happy. It would be fantastic if she became another Maya or Stewie but they are 2 players out of 33 years. If as a freshman she becomes a solid contributor of meaningful minutes, we shall dance in the streets.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Don't get too excited. As we have seen, unless your name is Maya Moore or Breanna Stewart, your freshman year will probably be back page news. Megan was HS NPOY and it mattered not. So the legend may have to wait a couple of years. If she can contribute in a manner similar to Lou, Phee, and Kia's freshman year, then I will be most happy. It would be fantastic if she became another Maya or Stewie but they are 2 players out of 33 years. If as a freshman she becomes a solid contributor of meaningful minutes, we shall dance in the streets.
All WCBB legends really start in college, good freshman year or not.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There should be more opportunity for Christyn (and Megan) next year that there was for Megan this year. She's playing behind 6 very, very good players. We lose 2 of them to graduation.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well spoken young lady:

"It means the world to me to win the Naismith Player of the Year Award," Williams said in a statement. "It has been one of my goals since eighth grade and to finally see my dreams turning into reality is an amazing feeling. It is a blessing to represent Arkansas with this national award, and I am very grateful to be given this opportunity."

Huskies look ahead; Recruit Williams wins Naismith

A total workaholic with a fun loving, bubbly personality. This is going to be one fun ride! How lucky are we, we small band of brothers and sisters known as Husky fans.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Fuller's article with a video of Crystal on UConn next year ("It's going to be crazy") and warming up for a game etc.

UConn signee Christyn Williams wins Naismith award

"The 5-foot-11 Williams entered the Arkansas 4A championship game against Riverview with averages of 26.4 points, 10.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.3 blocked shots per game. She has scored in double figures in every game as a senior. In the postseason, her numbers have jumped to 31.1 points, 14.1 rebounds, 3 assists, 1.6 steals and 1.3 blocks per contest including averages of 37 points, 16.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists in the state tournament as she increased her totals to 45 games with at least 30 points and eight 40-point efforts.

"The honors have been coming in at a fast and furious pace for Williams. She was named one of eight finalists for the Morgan Wootten Award, presented annually to the national player of the year by the organizers of the McDonald’s All American Game. Williams and fellow UConn signee Olivia Nelson-Ododa are both finalists for that honor, and on Thursday it was announced that they were both selected to play in the girls’ game at the Jordan Brand Classic in New York on April 8.

After playing in the two national all-star games, Williams’ focus will be on getting started at UConn. It won’t be easy, as the previous national players of the year who played for Geno Auriemma at UConn know all too well."

And Gabby's advice: “Her and I are pretty cool so I’d tell her to just be ready and prepared,” Walker said. “Soak up all (the national recognition), enjoy it right now and be ready for next year.”

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
All WCBB legends really start in college, good freshman year or not.
You said let the legend begin. The legend began in only two freshmen years, Maya and Stewie. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You said let the legend begin. The legend began in only two freshmen years, Maya and Stewie. :)
I think you're dead wrong. For the truly great WCBB players the legend begins the minute they commit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom