C. Collier to the W | Page 3 | The Boneyard

C. Collier to the W

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Well, in your previous quoted reply to me, you asked a question where you already know your answer. Was that considered rhetorical or passive-aggressive?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good move. She is going to be a nice addition to any team.

Reaction Score
While I have criticized Collier in the past, she did a great job getting stronger and understanding how to better use her skills. Wonder if ONO can add more power to her game for her senior year.

Question - before Aaliyah's arrival, was there anyone really physical in the post for her to train with, other than a male scout team? I didn't get the sense that Stevens was a physical post player when she was at UConn.

My recollection may not be strong here which is why I'm deferring to the experts here. In my opinion, it seems like she's getting tougher through training with and against Aaliyah. Of course, the proof as to whether this is correct will be during the actual tournament.

Reaction Score
Charli definitely has some gaudy numbers. However, against the tougher competition, she didn't fair so well. Would have thought she would have been at least good against any opponent, even the best.

Reaction Score
Question - before Aaliyah's arrival, was there anyone really physical in the post for her to train with, other than a male scout team? I didn't get the sense that Stevens was a physical post player when she was at UConn.

My recollection may not be strong here which is why I'm deferring to the experts here. In my opinion, it seems like she's getting tougher through training with and against Aaliyah. Of course, the proof as to whether this is correct will be during the actual tournament.
Not really, at least not her size. It's JMO, but I don't think being physical is her problem. She's not afraid of contact and it's not so much a strength thing to me. She initiates enough contact but has trouble getting tangled up in it and playing through it. Coming up through Jr. High and HS I don't believe she got much if any fundamental post training and skill work. Watch when she catches the ball in the high post, with two hands she immediately puts the ball in front of her neck area. Not necessarily bad to do on occasion outside but the problem to me is that it's her default setting when trying to set up in the low post. That and wanting to immediately take a dribble to move. It exposes the ball to everyone in there and when she tries to pivot or go up she gets tied up because of that starting point. If she immediately gets the ball up high and works from there, she can pivot, pass, or turn to shoot with little exposure of the ball. To be honest, I'm surprised that she and the staff haven't made this a priority since she arrived from HS. She's getting better in other areas and her passing has become a major asset. But these post fundamentals should be her major focus this summer along with more strength work.

Reaction Score
Because every player can have an extra year if they want it, the WNBA announced today
that every eligible player who would like to make themselves eligible for the draft must
opt-in by e-mailing the league no later than April 1, or if they are in the final 4, within 48
hours after her last game finishes.

At any event, we'll know Evina's plans soon enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom