BYU schedule | The Boneyard

BYU schedule

Reaction Score
While most of the Indys have scheduled each other, BYU & Notre Dame don't want anything to do with them.
Granted, ND has the ACC agreement of 5 games and their 3 set teams of USC, Stanford & Navy.
Looking at BYU's schedule for next year, there's only One game in which I would put a W down now. It's quite impressive:

Reaction Score
While most of the Indys have scheduled each other, BYU & Notre Dame don't want anything to do with them.
Granted, ND has the ACC agreement of 5 games and their 3 set teams of USC, Stanford & Navy.
Looking at BYU's schedule for next year, there's only One game in which I would put a W down now. It's quite impressive:

I see at least 4 wins but I agree that this is an impressive schedule. This should be a model for UConn. East coast version playing 3 ACC schools, 2-3 B1G schools, an SEC school, an AAC school, a MAC school and whatever.

Reaction Score
BYU will ALWAYS have an attractive schedule because of their history in FBS (nee 1-A) football. They have sent numerous quarterbacks on to NFL stardom. they have a National championship on their resume, & because their players pause for LDS missionary work, their on-average older aged teams are generally very competative. Even in the days of the PAC-8, BYU was considered one of the "best of the rest". They draw nationally due to their religious affiliation. For all of these factors, they are able to schedule home & home games around the country. In this era where attendance is down nationally, BYU's ability to draw crowds is an incentive for opponents to schedule the Cougars.
UConn is in a differrent boat. The Huskies had some success in their nascent years in the Big East. This was partially due to the conference's watered down status after the departures of Miami, Va. Tech, & BC., leaving West Virginia as the only team with National Championship level capability. It gave the Huskies a more level playing field & time to grow its program. The last decade has been a disaster for the program, which hurts the program's ability to schedule.
The athletic department's strategy should take a page from Florida State's growth in its years as an independent. Build a strong team through recruiting. Take a "Play them anywhere, anytime" approach to scheduling & start playing competitively. It will be of great interest to see who UConn will engage as its media partner. An entity like FOX can have ability to assist in scheduling. Time is ticking.

Reaction Score

BYU played UMass literally each of the last four seasons, and has played both Liberty and NMSU once in the same span. Faulty premise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom