Byron Jones | The Boneyard

Byron Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it's football but not sure you all check the football board, drafted 27 to Dallas. This kid is a stud, got the total package, probably best pure athlete in draft, handsome, very well spoken. He's a great ambassador for UConn and Hard hittin' New Britain.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Honestly think he has a career in politics when he leaves football. Outstanding young man -- and a damn good football player too.

Reaction Score
Honestly think he has a career in politics when he leaves football. Outstanding young man -- and a damn good football player too.
That was like a dream 27th and 28th pick for Goodell and the NFL. You have Jones with his mega watt smile and they talk about how he's involved in politics, the following pick is the kid born in Jamaica who is pre-med at Duke, gave a great interview.

Reaction Score
Hard Hittin' George Springer AND Byron Jones. We no longer have to get our sole source of pride from Capitol Lunch's dogs with sauce!

Reaction Score
So cool for Jones. Hope he has a great career playing for the "Cowboys".Uconn getting a little football love.

Reaction Score
Played hoops with/against his dad who is from Meriden in our City League. Super guy and a gentleman, actually he didn't play football he was a basketball and baseball guy from Wilcox Tech.

Byron was a very good basketball player also from St Paul from what I hear as well as just being a great kid. Hope he does great things he certainly deserves it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think it's the steal of the draft. Very rare to get that kind of athleticism, position flexibility (can play corner and safety), and character that late in the draft. Cowboys wanted him bad and made the pick of the 1st round. I was shocked to see the Eagles, Steelers and Ravens all pass when they had/have the same holes the Cowboys do/did. Jones will be a Pro Bowl level player in a few years.

Reaction Score
Hard Hittin' George Springer AND Byron Jones. We no longer have to get our sole source of pride from Capitol Lunch's dogs with sauce!
Geez I miss those dogs LOL

Reaction Score
I wish Bryon and long, healthy and prosperous career. I hope he quickly becomes a Pro-Bowl corner. However, I hope he never plays in a play-off game, until he leaves Dallas as a free agent. :D

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Great kid! Wish him all the best. He wanted to be an engineering major, but the football schedule wouldn't allow it. He may have graduated with a dual degree or pretty close to it. Smart & talented!

Reaction Score
Have we done a hot dog thread yet? CT has a lot of really good places.

Well in true Boneyard fashion let's sidetrack this thread with something that's completely off-topic.

I vote for Chef's Dog House in Newington. Mmm.... bacon-wrapped hot dogs.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wanted the Eagles to draft him. Was pulling for him to go in the first round but to Dallas! Oh well. Still rooting for the kid!

Reaction Score
As a Connecticut Cowboy fan ( yes i'm one of those) i couldn't be happier. Congrats Byron!!

Good get. I was hoping the Pats would get him. This is encouraging for the UConn football program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom