Byron Jones Shout out on National TV | The Boneyard

Byron Jones Shout out on National TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone picked it up last night during the Cowboys game but Jones got some really strong endorsements from Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth. When there was about 1:50 left in the 1st Qtr, Jones made a nice stop on Mathews when Bradford tried to hit him on a rollout pass.....

Michaels:"that's Byron Jones who's really made his mark, he's a rookie played at Commecticut, drafted towards the end of the first round has taken over as a starter, and has been drawing praise from everybody!!"

Collinsworth:" He is A STAR! They had him playing safety and corner.... Now they have him playing the toughest position in football, slot corner!! It's REMARKABLE what he's done as a rookie!"

Just awesome to see one of our boys getting some big time props on the national spotlight!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sure did. I mentioned this in another thread (maybe the one on Summers?) - Collinsworth couldn't stop praising Jones. He made a number of great plays throughout the game but did get burned on the game winning TD in OT. It was a double move and Matthews was interviewed after the game about it. He said something along the lines that Jones "doesn't play like a rookie and is already really good, so they had to try a double move on him".

Jones' stock is rising fast. I said the Cowboys got the steal of the first round when they got towards the bottom of the round. Great to see Jones making a name for himself ...Jones Island???

Aside: UConn is becoming a Cornerback U, eh?

Reaction Score
I was at the game in Dallas last night. Jones made the switch from safety to slot corner throughout the game. Made some nice plays, but was burned on the final TD. He was very aggressive on the final play and the WR capitalized on the aggressiveness. He played all the defensive plays as well as all special teams plays. Seemed more comfortable at safety, but that was my opinion from a suite.

Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone picked it up last night during the Cowboys game but Jones got some really strong endorsements from Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth. When there was about 1:50 left in the 1st Qtr, Jones made a nice stop on Mathews when Bradford tried to hit him on a rollout pass.....

Michaels:"that's Byron Jones who's really made his mark, he's a rookie played at Commecticut, drafted towards the end of the first round has taken over as a starter, and has been drawing praise from everybody!!"

Collinsworth:" He is A STAR! They had him playing safety and corner.... Now they have him playing the toughest position in football, slot corner!! It's REMARKABLE what he's done as a rookie!"

Just awesome to see one of our boys getting some big time props on the national spotlight!!
Thanks. Go Byron!... and I'm a NYG fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32