Bye Week Hits at Perfect Time for Huskies | The Boneyard

Bye Week Hits at Perfect Time for Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WTF. This is the first time I've heard this. WTF.

“We want to continue to play Tim, when he’s feeling well enough to do that,” Diaco said yesterday. “We want to continue to do that, we want to play Tim in every game. There’s no reason why we wouldn’t. Tim is the quarterback of the future and why wouldn’t we take every opportunity to get him action to get better? We definitely WANT to, I’m not sure we can. It’s still going to be based on how he feels, but moving forward we definitely want to get him in each game.”

Read into that what you will. There isn’t an injury, but it certainly sounds like there is something preventing Boyle from playing additional snaps during games. Whatever it is, time off during this week certainly can’t hurt.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
WTF. This is the first time I've heard this. WTF.

“We want to continue to play Tim, when he’s feeling well enough to do that,” Diaco said yesterday. “We want to continue to do that, we want to play Tim in every game. There’s no reason why we wouldn’t. Tim is the quarterback of the future and why wouldn’t we take every opportunity to get him action to get better? We definitely WANT to, I’m not sure we can. It’s still going to be based on how he feels, but moving forward we definitely want to get him in each game.”

Read into that what you will. There isn’t an injury, but it certainly sounds like there is something preventing Boyle from playing additional snaps during games. Whatever it is, time off during this week certainly can’t hurt.

I cant even take a stab to try to figure that out...well maybe I can.

'He wants to continue to play him when he is feeling well enough to do that.'
Im pretty sure I saw him on the field playing Saturday??

"We definitely WANT to, I’m not sure we can. It’s still going to be based on how he feels, but moving forward we definitely want to get him in each game.”
So they put him in, took him out, put him in again later, but its based on how he feels?

The only thing I can come up with is its mental and not physical?? If its physical it makes absolutely no sense to put him in on two different occassions unless he is saying my leg feels good, no it doesnt, it feels good again, no it doesnt.
IDK??

Reaction Score
I cant even take a stab to try to figure that out...well maybe I can.

'He wants to continue to play him when he is feeling well enough to do that.'
Im pretty sure I saw him on the field playing Saturday??

"We definitely WANT to, I’m not sure we can. It’s still going to be based on how he feels, but moving forward we definitely want to get him in each game.”
So they put him in, took him out, put him in again later, but its based on how he feels?

The only thing I can come up with is its mental and not physical?? If its physical it makes absolutely no sense to put him in on two different occassions unless he is saying my leg feels good, no it doesnt, it feels good again, no it doesnt.
IDK??

How he feels "the leg pain" whatever it is will decide if he is used in each game not how much he will be used in each game. We have seen about the same amount of play in each game he has played in.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
How he feels "the leg pain" whatever it is will decide if he is used in each game not how much he will be used in each game. We have seen about the same amount of play in each game he has played in.

Devil advocate - if there is 'leg pain' I would assume there is some 'leg pain' in practice as well. How about not sending him onto the field in game action until the 'leg pain' has subsided completely in practice environment. Unless you are telling me the pain only occurs in game action?

“We want to continue to play Tim, when he’s feeling well enough to do that,”
Was he feeling well enough to do that on Saturday? Today? Next Week?

Maybe I am missing your point - IDK - if a player has pain why is he being trotted out in game action?
The only game he 'missed' was USF - why is he bringing that up unless he still has leg pain?

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I assume that Diaco's quotes were to all the media? How did no one follow up with..."uh..Bob...what does that mean?"

Reaction Score
The Bye Week comes at a perfect time for us fans and the Bone Yard. Just burned out from the last game. Exasperation personified. Don't know what to say anymore. Just wait and see I guess. Got more important stuff to do like thinking about raking leaves and cleaning up the garden. You can waste so much time here reading this crazy stuff.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I assume that Diaco's quotes were to all the media? How did no one follow up with..."uh..Bob...what does that mean?"
its CT media - drives me nuts. I dont know if anyone does asks follow ups or not but it kills me when we seem to all sit here and go but why didnt you then ask this?

Reaction Score
Is it possible that Boyle wanted to Red Shirt all along and was promised he wasn't going too play at all this year. Is it possible He is still pursuing an NCAA loophole that would allow a Red shirt IE:medical condition or personal issues etc...cause I cant see him wasting this yr with one drive a game....just not worth it from the beginning...does anyone know if the Red Shirt is indeed automatically gone at this point...like definite, dead and buried? I could see hom weighing a possible transfer as well in hopes of getting this yr back....nothing else makes any sense!

Reaction Score
Devil advocate - if there is 'leg pain' I would assume there is some 'leg pain' in practice as well. How about not sending him onto the field in game action until the 'leg pain' has subsided completely in practice environment. Unless you are telling me the pain only occurs in game action?

“We want to continue to play Tim, when he’s feeling well enough to do that,”
Was he feeling well enough to do that on Saturday? Today? Next Week?

Maybe I am missing your point - IDK - if a player has pain why is he being trotted out in game action?
The only game he 'missed' was USF - why is he bringing that up unless he still has leg pain?

You're basically proving my point right there in the bold. If he feels it in practice before the game, he won't play. If he does feel pain or its too much, he won't. Clearly he wasn't dealing with it Saturday as he played. Simple as that. Quit over analyzing this. It's really not that hard to understand.

Reaction Score
Is it possible that Boyle wanted to Red Shirt all along and was promised he wasn't going too play at all this year. Is it possible He is still pursuing an NCAA loophole that would allow a Red shirt IE:medical condition or personal issues etc...cause I cant see him wasting this yr with one drive a game....just not worth it from the beginning...does anyone know if the Red Shirt is indeed automatically gone at this point...like definite, dead and buried? I could see hom weighing a possible transfer as well in hopes of getting this yr back....nothing else makes any sense!

As soon as Casey "retired" it forced his hand. Can't have a walk-on as your back up with an arm like Boyle's on the roster. God forbid anything happens to Whitmer, Boyle needs to be ready to hit the ground running....literally. Why not get him snaps? He will need to be ready for next season. It is a wise decision in my mind. Why he hasn't gotten more, I don't know.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Once you play a down in a season, you can't redshirt. Boyle's redshirt is long gone. The only option he has now is a medical redshirt. To get that he has to have a medical issue and he has to play less than 30% of the year.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Christ. Easier to decipher Chapwilvaug. Ugh.
Nope BNich figured it out...

'We want to play Tim when he feels well enough'

Why is he saying that if he was well enough to play Saturday? And it's not an injury - it's pain.

I still don't understand what Diaco is saying...
He had a 'pain' once in all games but Diaco is still talking about it.
Football players play with pain ALL THE TIME - injuries put them in street clothes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As soon as Casey "retired" it forced his hand. Can't have a walk-on as your back up with an arm like Boyle's on the roster.

So far, last year and this, he consistently throws high or over his receivers. Granted it is a small sample, but its not working for him. Maybe Diaco says these things publicly to keep Tim engaged and on the roster.

Reaction Score
Is he sick, injured? Leg? Back? The answer may give us more insight than just the ailment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He can either play or he can't on any given day. This is utter and complete nonsense that Diaco is spewing.

If he can play put him in the damn game. If he can't play put him on the damn sidelines. But for the love of God answer a f^|£,ing question in English or just say you aren't going to answer it because coach you sound like an idiot and a liar.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"The fact of the matter is up to that point, the ball bounces one way or the other and we’re sitting at 3-1 rather than 1-3.”

Does he seriously believe that they are just unlucky?

They got the bounces to make USF and Boise reasonably close. Literally the ball bounced to Jones for them to score. They have had 4 kicks muffed against them in their last 2 home games. FOUR!

He thinks they aren't getting bounces?

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
"The fact of the matter is up to that point, the ball bounces one way or the other and we’re sitting at 3-1 rather than 1-3.”

Does he seriously believe that they are just unlucky?

They got the bounces to make USF and Boise reasonably close. Literally the ball bounced to Jones for them to score. They have had 4 kicks muffed against them in their last 2 home games. FOUR!

He thinks they aren't getting bounces?

Absolutely bizarre.

Reaction Score
If by bounces you mean D lineman bouncing off of our OL into Whitmer or our RBs? Sure.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've just come to accept that Diaco is very Belichick in his handling of injury info - as vague as possible.

He's also not going to just say "I can't put him out there and risk our QB depth for next year."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've just come to accept that Diaco is very Belichick in his handling of injury info - as vague as possible.

He's also not going to just say "I can't put him out there and risk our QB depth for next year."

Then don't put him out there. If he's already hurt or you are afraid to get him hurt how does dropping him into the middle of games protect him?

How does a random series here and there further any goal?

Why even burn his redshirt to this point? They haven't had to use him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if Boyle's deal is confidence, an injury, playbook readiness, or second thoughts about being at UCONN, but this doesn't sound good at all for 2015 progression.

I don't give a f--- if Foxx is a SR WR, put him back in wildcat read-option on more than half of our possessions and see if we can move the football. We all know (and our opponents know) that we can not move it with Whitmer under Center, Right Guard, Left Guard, Left Tackle, Right Tackle.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Then don't put him out there. If he's already hurt or you are afraid to get him hurt how does dropping him into the middle of games protect him?

How does a random series here and there further any goal?

Why even burn his redshirt to this point? They haven't had to use him.
All good questions. I just see a lot of hedging of bets and "just in cases".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom