BYC-X Cancelation | The Boneyard

BYC-X Cancelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
We hung on for about as long as we dared...

A grand total of 9 people are paid up as of this evening....Thanks to one and all for your interest and support, and I am sorry about this decision.

Another 8 people expressed some varying degrees of interest and promises of payment down the road....Thanks to all of you for your interest and support, too....I am confident that you all would have shown up and everything....

But, still, that is only 4 teams....leaving Pat to scurry around the golf course, picking up after us all day....all for the privilege of sitting down to a chicken dinner after the other 16 of us beat the snot out of the turf, tipped over our golf carts and whatever.

A few folks ponied up some prizes and whatnot for raffels and stuff.....Thanks to one ans all.

And to the members of our prestigious and important sounding committees....Thanks for all your help getting things this far and I am sorry if I sent you all too many e-mails. We couldn't ahve gotten even this far without your help.

I will be contacting the paid up folks and start getting your money back to you.

Those who paid using Pay Pal.....I ask your patience....I really suck at Paypal in general...and now I have to figure out how to unwind these transactions.... (a somewhat uphill battle for me.)

I know that everyone complains that June sucks for this event because of weddings, graduations and the odd quilting bee and afternoon tea and whatnot....But you sure couldn't convince me that ther eare any fewer conflicts with people's schedules in September. Just obbserving the things that are there for me to see, is all....

Maybe we can try it all again next year.....

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well, thanks for the effort. Over the years the idea of having the BYC in the fall has never worked out for some reason. I was have had some back issues but was going to give it a shot. Oh, well. Maybe next year will be a go.

Reaction Score

A grand total of 9 people are paid up as of this evening....Thanks to one and all for your interest and support, and I am sorry about this decision.

Another 8 people expressed some varying degrees of interest and promises of payment down the road....Thanks to all of you for your interest and support, too....I am confident that you all would have shown up and everything....

But, still, that is only 4 teams....leaving Pat to scurry around the golf course, picking up after us all day....all for the privilege of sitting down to a chicken dinner after the other 16 of us beat the snot out of the turf, tipped over our golf carts and whatever.

A few folks ponied up some prizes and whatnot for raffels and stuff.....Thanks to one ans all.

And to the members of our prestigious and important sounding committees....Thanks for all your help getting things this far and I am sorry if I sent you all too many e-mails. We couldn't ahve gotten even this far without your help.

I will be contacting the paid up folks and start getting your money back to you.

Those who paid using Pay Pal.....I ask your patience....I really suck at Paypal in general...and now I have to figure out how to unwind these transactions.... (a somewhat uphill battle for me.)

I know that everyone complains that June sucks for this event because of weddings, graduations and the odd quilting bee and afternoon tea and whatnot....But you sure couldn't convince me that ther eare any fewer conflicts with people's schedules in September. Just obbserving the things that are there for me to see, is all....

Thanks for your efforts. It just wasn't meant to be for me this year.

Reaction Score
Yes, thanks for trying. I think it is much easier to organize an event such as the celebration of a NC, in May or June, because the event is a little closer in time. We win the NC in April, we should have the BYC as soon as possible, even end of April. But I know that was impossible this year for various reasons. Also, there just isn't the huge well spring of support like in '99, when everyone was really just beside themselves giddy. No believed that Uconn could do it, especially not most of us. When 77-74 happened, it was just unbelievable. Now, people kind of expect it, I think, especially this upcoming year. It still ain't that easy. Anyway, don't sweat the paypal thing. Take your time.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score

The effort is greatly appreciated and to be condoned, Prank.

Reaction Score

i really wasn't following the threads too much.

maybe we would make out better if we came up with a handful of dates and had a poll to see when most people could go ?

i had to work on the day we chose this year (as well as the day before and the day after). i wonder, too, if the move from scout to here may have tempered interest.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thanks for your efforts, prank. I knew the date was going to be close to me selling and buying a house which is costing us thousands already. Slipping golf in was going to be a suicidal commitment for me. Wife would have used a golf club on my sleeping skull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom