BY25 poll #9 (final poll): Results are in | The Boneyard

BY25 poll #9 (final poll): Results are in

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Number of 1st-place votes shown in parentheses:

1615827932201.png

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): Ohio State 27, Marquette 24, Oregon 24, Cal Baptist 10, Stephen F. Austin 9, Northwestern 9.

The following teams appeared on only one ballot: Seton Hall, Georgia Tech, Texas, UCF, High Point, Virginia Tech.

Thank you to all who voted, and to those who participated in the discussions and debates that this poll spurred throughout the season. Seventeen ballots were submitted.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Wow. We must have some real homer pessimists for the Huskies to get almost half the #1 votes (including mine) but still end up behind Stanford. Glad to see others are as bullish on Maryland as I am. If they're not a #1 seed boy do I hope they don't end up in Stanford's bracket!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow. We must have some real homer pessimists for the Huskies to get almost half the #1 votes (including mine) but still end up behind Stanford. Glad to see others are as bullish on Maryland as I am. If they're not a #1 seed boy do I hope they don't end up in Stanford's bracket!
Stanford’s votes were more consistent across ballots. All but one of the ballots that had UConn #1 also had Stanford at #2 (and the lone exception had them at #3). UConn, by contrast, was placed at #6 on a couple of ballots and at #4 on another.

Virtually no chance Maryland will be put in Stanford’s region. Stanford will be at worst overall #2 and Maryland is almost certainly overall #6, and I’m not seeing any potential conference conflicts that could upset the S curve in such a way that MD ends up with the Card.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

View attachment 65841

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): Ohio State 27, Marquette 24, Oregon 24, Cal Baptist 10, Stephen F. Austin 9, Northwestern 9.

The following teams appeared on only one ballot: Seton Hall, Georgia Tech, Texas, UCF, High Point, Virginia Tech.

Thank you to all who voted, and to those who participated in the discussions and debates that this poll spurred throughout the season. Seventeen ballots were submitted.
Damn, I forgot to vote, I was so tired from my COVID shot I hardly looked at the computer yesterday. I would have voted UConn first and Stanford second so it wouldn't have changed the results.

Reaction Score

View attachment 65841

Whoa! Clearly this poll needs to be closed to non-UConn fans!

? ?

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Whoa! Clearly this poll needs to be closed to non-UConn fans!
I guess I should clarify at this point that there’s no apparent correlation across the board to fan base affiliation. E.g. plenty of voters I recognize as non-UConn fans had UConn first, and not all UConn fans voted homer.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Stanford’s votes were more consistent across ballots. All but one of the ballots that had UConn #1 also had Stanford at #2 (and the lone exception had them at #3). UConn, by contrast, was placed at #6 on a couple of ballots and at #4 on another.

Virtually no chance Maryland will be put in Stanford’s region. Stanford will be at worst overall #2 and Maryland is almost certainly overall #6, and I’m not seeing any potential conference conflicts that could upset the S curve in such a way that MD ends up with the Card.
Can someone name 5 teams that are better than UConn? At worst they are no lower than 3rd.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The banner year for HPU wbb continues. Yesterday they won their way into the Ncaa tournament for the first time in school history. Today they received a vote and finished tied for 32nd in the final by poll. Brings tears to my eyes ?

Reaction Score
Glad to see Iowa cracking the BY Top 25 after their run. I know MD crushed them in the finals but they’re definitely one of top 25 teams in the nation. The AP/Coaches seems to think otherwise :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
The banner year for HPU wbb continues. Yesterday they won their way into the Ncaa tournament for the first time in school history. Today they received a vote and finished tied for 32nd in the final by poll. Brings tears to my eyes ?
Surely the highest ever finish for a team with zero wins over the top 200 and four losses to teams ranked below 200.

It's a lot to write on a banner, but on the bright side that just means a bigger banner, right?
:D

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

Okay...I'll admit...that was me! I had NC State #2.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I thought it might be fun to revisit our preseason poll from November and see how the teams' BY25 rankings evolved over the season.

The carat (^) symbol denotes receiving votes (i.e. on multiple ballots). Gray means not listed on at least two ballots.

1615836195690.png

(Part 1 of 2)

Reaction Score
Stanford supplants UConn at #1 in final poll

Stanford dominated the Pac-12 tournament on its way to grabbing the #1 spot in the season's last Boneyard Poll by Plebetm. The Cardinal earned fewer first place votes than UConn, but managed edged the Huskies for the top spot.

ACC champ NC St moved up one to #3, while Maryland (up one) reached a season high at #4, and SEC champ South Carolina (up two) rounded out the top five. Last week's #2 Texas A&M lost to then-#16 Georgia and tumbled to #6. Baylor (down one), Louisville, UCLA, and Arizona are the rest of the top 10.

Georgia's run to the SEC final made them the big mover of the week, jumping five to #11.

West Virginia (#21 to #19) and Kentucky (#23 to #20) re-enter the top 20.
South Dakota St had the biggest drop after losing in the 1st round of the Summit tourney, falling from #17 to #23.

Iowa and Oregon St joined the top 25, replacing Oregon, Ohio St, and DePaul.

The SEC led all conferences again with six teams, followed by the BiG with five. and the PAC with 4. Five mid-majors were led by Gonzaga at #14.

-- Boneyard Newswire, All Rights Reserved

Plebe

Reaction Score
(Part 2 of 2)

Twenty-seven teams that were not in the preseason BY top 25 "received votes" (on a minimum of 2 ballots) on at least one of the nine polls:

1615836637836.png

Interesting that more than one-third (9, to be exact) of the teams in our final top 25 were not in our preseason top 25.

Reaction Score
Plebe, I know that you have the historical polls from this year, but would you happen to have an archive from inception? My memory is escaping me on when exactly the Boneyard Poll by Plebe(TM) came into existence.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Plebe, I know that you have the historical polls from this year, but would you happen to have an archive from inception? My memory is escaping me on when exactly the Boneyard Poll by Plebe(TM) came into existence.
This was its second season. Established November 2019. :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's right. Do I get an award for being the most unreliable voter who included the most mid-majors and missed the most deadlines? :rolleyes:
I don't track that data, but safe to say you're not the most unreliable :)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Obviously fans trying to avoid a jinx.

Reaction Score
Final 4 is the Preseason 1, 2, 3, and 7 teams. Not too shabby, voters.
And final poll 1,2,5,10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom