BY25 poll #7: Results are in, and there's a shift at the top | The Boneyard

BY25 poll #7: Results are in, and there's a shift at the top

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1580152777596.png

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): FGCU 25, West Virginia 12, Arkansas 10, LSU 8.

The following teams appeared on only one ballot: TCU, Rutgers.

The next poll will be Monday, Feb. 10.

Reaction Score
My apologies if you have already said this but how many voters did you have this week?

Reaction Score
Thanks very much for doing this! Very interesting, and a fun exercise. Wonder if BY'ers aren't getting it more right,and sooner, than AP and Coaches?!

I had Tennessee ranked #14. None other than Coach Geno cast serious doubt as to whether Tennessee was as low as the #23 team in the country. I think we beat a much better team than a #23.

Have Maryland at #15. They have woken up and smelled the coffee. Not sure what's going on there, but they're playing much better now.

Had LSU as #25. They've beaten Kentucky, Florida State, Rutgers, FGCU, and lost narrowly to Mississippi State and Tennessee. Strikes me as a team to be ranked.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Had LSU as #25. They've beaten Kentucky, Florida State, Rutgers, FGCU, and lost narrowly to Mississippi State and Tennessee. Strikes me as a team to be ranked.
LSU lost to Florida State, and they've also lost badly to Oklahoma and Missouri.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I thought I might have a surprise up my sleeve, but while doing the poll...... they didnt quite make the cut. I definitely have Stony Brook on my radar. The Mighty Seawolves are 19-1 this season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I thought I might have a surprise up my sleeve, but while doing the poll...... they didnt quite make the cut. I definitely have Stony Brook on my radar. The Mighty Seawolves are 19-1 this season.
Keeping my eye on them as well, but all but 3 of their games have been against the bottom half of D1.

In their only game against a top 50 team, they lost to Arkansas by 30.

1580155030796.png

Reaction Score
I did as well. But after looking at their schedule, the only good team they played they got blown out by 30 points. So that took care of that. But 19-1 is very good.

Plebe

Reaction Score
FYI the Seawolves play UMass Lowell on Wednesday for 1st in the America East. Both are 7-0 in conference. (Will be including this in my weekly game list, coming out within the next hour.)

Plebe

Reaction Score
But, but, but..... that game was early in the season. :oops::oops:
Okay, true.
Much more recently, they went to overtime with New Hampshire.

Reaction Score
Thanks very much for doing this! Very interesting, and a fun exercise. Wonder if BY'ers aren't getting it more right,and sooner, than AP and Coaches?!

Have Maryland at #15. They have woken up and smelled the coffee. Not sure what's going on there, but they're playing much better now.
Looks like the Big 10 is going to help Maryland this season. They have a RPI of 8 and a SOS of 9. Who would have thought the Maryland women would have a SOS of 9 in late January? But RPI is a little bit phony. Virginia has a RPI of 34 despite having an 8-12 record. If they can somehow bump their record to 500, they're a NCAA team according to past history.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
FYI the Seawolves play UMass Lowell on Wednesday for 1st in the America East. Both are 7-0 in conference. (Will be including this in my weekly game list, coming out within the next hour.)
Patiently waiting... :)

Reaction Score

I had Tennessee ranked #14. None other than Coach Geno cast serious doubt as to whether Tennessee was as low as the #23 team in the country. I think we beat a much better team than a #23.

Didn't beat FSU. Have a bad, bad loss vs Missouri.

I probably do have them in my top 30.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Stony Brook's athletics program has been growing in stature. Their baseball program recently had a very good season, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom