BY WBB POLL Week 2 Results | The Boneyard

BY WBB POLL Week 2 Results

Reaction Score
Hear ye, hear ye the first poll after the plethora of games played over the past few weeks has been compiled! The darts have been flung, and the Boneyard has spoken. Without further ado, here are your poll results:

You will note that this week, Utah, was the biggest mover, making a 17 spot jump from RV (35) all the way to 18th! On the flip side, the Boneyard's collective crystal ball was clearly cloudy and the lofty preseason expectations of Tennessee have been dashed, as they fall from 4th to RV (27). Again, with this poll, there were certainly some surprises on individual polls, as #7 Ohio State ranged from being ranked #4 to being completely left off of some polls. Only time will tell whether this was a wise move on behalf of those voters opinions or whether they simply forgot to have their coffee or red-tinted glasses on before they voted. @triaddukefan will be most displeased to see that Duke dropped two spots despite receiving the same number of votes this week compared to last; however, that's what happens when your best win is over checks notes Toledo. Despite South Carolina's overtime victory in Maples Pavilion, they are not the unanimous number 1, as a mysterious solitary voter elected to give UConn with a single first place vote. In other slight surprises, Creighton kept marching up the poll after their shellacking of Nebraska, UCLA leaped and bounded to their rightful place as the fifth team from the Pac-12 in the BY Top 25. In perhaps a slight intrigue, Texas was punished severely for not having the services of their superstar Rori Harmon during their losses -- despite her eventual return this season having the potential to transform the Longhorns into a major contender.

Thanks to all 25 voters! We look forward to seeing who you select once the Thanksgiving tournaments have settled down. you can expect the next poll submission deadline to be December 5th, 2022 at 12 Noon EST.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tennessee more votes than Duke?

giphy.gif

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think this poll is going to be a dart board all season once conference games start and some of these teams have to play each other.

4-8-9-10-11 are all from the same conference!!!

5-7-12-15-24 are as well!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
22 teams were ranked in the top-10 by at least one voter. Only 9 were ranked on every ballot.

That’s how wide-open this year is.

Reaction Score
What on earth were we (collectively) thinking putting UNC that high? Or VTech? I guess most of the alternatives had only played creampuffs, which is why it's a dartboard still.

Or Oregon? If there was ever a team that ought to have to prove themselves against a real opponent before getting a single vote, it's them.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
What on earth were we (collectively) thinking putting UNC that high? Or VTech? I guess most of the alternatives had only played creampuffs, which is why it's a dartboard still.

Or Oregon? If there was ever a team that ought to have to prove themselves against a real opponent before getting a single vote, it's them.
I voted LSU #17 because they have played nobody. I get disgusted seeing them score over 100 points each game against teams I have never heard of. They probably don't deserve to be ranked at all until they start their SEC schedule.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Tennessee more votes than Duke?

giphy.gif
#1. I did a pity vote and put Duke #25 as I want to support you before Friday
#2. The 5-0 record you have is built upon the #93 ranked Strength of Schedule that Kara planned whereas
#3. Tennessess is playing teams with a pulse and their SoS is #4 overall. What would Duke's record be if they played the exact same set of teams that Tennessee did? Probably 2-4.
#4. On paper, this Duke team has talent, but we will have to see how this plays out this weekend and during conference play.

While I know that Kellie would schedule Duke, I am not so sure Kara would schedule Tennessee.

Happy for you but sorry man, your team is still suspect....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I voted LSU #17 because they have played nobody. I get disgusted seeing them score over 100 points each game against teams I have never heard of. They probably don't deserve to be ranked at all until they start their SEC schedule.
The emboldened comment above is an understatement. the toughest opponent of the 5 wins is ranked 310 and their collective SoS is #354 out of 361 teams. That is atrocious and to make matters even worse, as if it is possible, All the games were at HOME as Kim despises going on the road before Conference play. How or why she agreed to play at Tulane on Dec 3 is one of the mysteries of the world. But this has always been and will always be Kim's modus operandi-play cupcakes early and often to build team confidence and chemistry. She thinks it works and will not change. I know @Plebe is apoplectic about this type of scheduling so we should just rejoice in Kellie playing tougher teams (at least while she has a job). :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
#1. I did a pity vote and put Duke #25 as I want to support you before Friday
#2. The 5-0 record you have is built upon the #93 ranked Strength of Schedule that Kara planned whereas
#3. Tennessess is playing teams with a pulse and their SoS is #4 overall. What would Duke's record be if they played the exact same set of teams that Tennessee did? Probably 2-4.
#4. On paper, this Duke team has talent, but we will have to see how this plays out this weekend and during conference play.

While I know that Kellie would schedule Duke, I am not so sure Kara would schedule Tennessee.

Happy for you but sorry man, your team is still suspect....

TAMU is a middling SEC team, but that Toledo victory will look better at the end of the season. They went 29-6 last year.. and made it to the Final 8 of the WNIT last season defeating Marquette along the way. The Rockets returned all of their starters and are favorites to win the MAC. They are no cupcake.

I'm not sure that Harper would schedule Duke... I don't think she would. Nothing to gain, and could be an embarrassing loss. If they played this year, the over/under on the number of turnovers by them would be 30. :eek:

I don't care how strong of a schedule is... no 2-4 team needs to be ranked.... I thought they would at least drop of out the coaches poll that was released today... but they still are in it.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The emboldened comment above is an understatement. the toughest opponent of the 5 wins is ranked 310 and their collective SoS is #354 out of 361 teams. That is atrocious and to make matters even worse, as if it is possible, All the games were at HOME as Kim despises going on the road before Conference play. How or why she agreed to play at Tulane on Dec 3 is one of the mysteries of the world. But this has always been and will always be Kim's modus operandi-play cupcakes early and often to build team confidence and chemistry. She thinks it works and will not change. I know @Plebe is apoplectic about this type of scheduling so we should just rejoice in Kellie playing tougher teams (at least while she has a job). :rolleyes:
Where the hell does one find five teams ranked below 300? She deserves a medal for her uncanny sense of smell for detecting creamuffs from hundreds of miles away.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Totally agree with ND as #4.

Reaction Score
Hey guys, stop piling on Duke. They have cool uniforms! That shade of blue is awesome.

Reaction Score
Interesting UArizona ranked slightly above Creighton. That would be an interesting contest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom