BY Top 25 poll #3 results | The Boneyard

BY Top 25 poll #3 results

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I had a request to put the poll results in a separate thread so that they're easier to find.

1575331521048.png

Receiving votes (on at least 2 ballots): Purdue 19, Syracuse 11, Michigan 11, Northwestern 11, Drake 5, LSU 5, South Dakota State 5, Rutgers 4, Creighton 3.

The following teams were listed on only one ballot: Princeton, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Arizona State, North Carolina, Marquette.

Next poll will be on Monday, Dec. 16.

Previous polls:
BY25 poll #2 (Nov. 18)
BY25 preseason poll

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some musings.... I wonder if South Dakota State got the votes from people mistaking them for their rivals. I bet a Miss State fan gave Marquette their vote. I dunno who gave Duke's Rival a vote...perhaps that person needs his/her's voting rights revoked :p:cool::mad::mad::p:D:rolleyes:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Some musings.... I wonder if South Dakota State got the votes from people mistaking them for their rivals. I bet a Miss State fan gave Marquette their vote. I dunno who gave Duke's rival a vote...perhaps that person needs his/her's voting rights revoked :p:cool::mad::mad::p:D:rolleyes:

Puxa vida! And all these many years I'd thought Duke was unrivaled.

I forgot to vote this time, but if I had, I would certainly have given Coach Courtney's crew at least a 25. Not only is she a fine coach and a finer person, we share a Big Green heritage, along with Dr. Seuss and sundry scoundrels.

image.jpeg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Puxa vida! And all these many years I'd thought Duke was unrivaled.

I forgot to vote this time, but if I had, I would certainly have given Coach Courtney's crew at least a 25. Not only is she a fine coach and a finer person, we share a Big Green heritage, along with Dr. Seuss and sundry scoundrels.

View attachment 48809

Their schedule is softer than

cbl.jpeg

check back in mid January.

Reaction Score
Just for the record, here are my picks:

1) Oregon
2) Stanford
3) Louisville
4) South Carolina
5) Baylor
6) Florida State
7) Connecticut
8) Oregon State
9) Mississippi State
10) Indiana
11) Maryland
12) Texas A&M
13) NC State
14) Tennessee
15) UCLA
16) Gonzaga
17) DePaul
18) Missouri State
19) Princeton
20) South Dakota
21) Florida Gulf Coast
22) Syracuse
23) Arizona
24) LSU
25) Northwestern

I see that Indiana has defeated Miami by 13. So I'm guessing that Miami will fall out of the AP and Indiana will head up. No surprise.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I had a request to put the poll results in a separate thread so that they're easier to find.

1575331521048.png

Receiving votes (on at least 2 ballots): Purdue 19, Syracuse 11, Michigan 11, Northwestern 11, Drake 5, LSU 5, South Dakota State 5, Rutgers 4, Creighton 3.

The following teams were listed on only one ballot: Princeton, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Arizona State, North Carolina, Marquette.

Next poll will be on Monday, Dec. 16.

Previous polls:
BY25 poll #2 (Nov. 18)
BY25 preseason poll
I would actually participate but I have no clue how to do so....or if I even could.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I would actually participate but I have no clue how to do so....or if I even could.
You're welcome to participate. It's every two weeks; the next poll will be Dec. 16. A couple days before that, I'll open a thread to call for ballots, similar to this one:

You'll submit your ballot to me in a private message. If you don't know how to send a PM, just let me know and I'll send you one first, which you can then reply to.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
You're welcome to participate. It's every two weeks; the next poll will be Dec. 16. A couple days before that, I'll open a thread to call for ballots, similar to this one:

You'll submit your ballot to me in a private message. If you don't know how to send a PM, just let me know and I'll send you one first, which you can then reply to.
Fantastic...will do

Reaction Score
Louisville lost last night to Ohio State. It was my lack of faith that Louisville would be consistent that I ranked them #3 and kept Oregon at #1.

Might be a season of upsets and upstarts.

Wonder whether (a very tall) Ohio State team won't make waves in the Big 10 this year? Northwestern is already demonstrating that they're a difficult team to get by, as is Ohio State, as we found out.

Reaction Score
BIG 10 is better than I thought at beginning of the season: Indiana, tOSU, Northwestern, Maryland, Michigan, MSU, Minnesota....I've seen all these teams play at least one game, and all are capable of beating teams in top 25.

Reaction Score
The dynamics and strength of the NCAA conferences certainly have changed very quickly. Is this a sign of things to come?

Reaction Score
BIG 10 is better than I thought at beginning of the season: Indiana, tOSU, Northwestern, Maryland, Michigan, MSU, Minnesota....I've seen all these teams play at least one game, and all are capable of beating teams in top 25.

And Minnesota just knocked off Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
The dynamics and strength of the NCAA conferences certainly have changed very quickly. Is this a sign of things to come?

Wonder whether that vaunted balance isn't partly, or mostly due to the past two poor recruiting seasons by UConn and Notre Dame. And yes, Coach Geno has made clear that he was very disappointed with his last two years of recruits. Not saying anything about Griffin or Walker. But it does seem that recently lesser teams have made big hauls, not least out on the West Coast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom