BY Friends | The Boneyard

BY Friends

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I remember one year of high school, on the coast of Connecticut, we were hit by two hurricanes. One was actually in August, and I had a blast sailing the day before. Probably shouldn't have been out in a Sunfish in small-craft warnings, but hey, I was a teenage guy, so I was stupid.

I went out with my black-and-white film the day after one of them and got some great pics of the damage. I remember there being remarkably little damage to structures, but still a lot of downed trees and power lines.

Sending positive vibes to those in the path.

Reaction Score
Our area (northeast CT) dodged a major bullet with this storm. Lots of branches & leaves blown down and a few trees too. We only lost power for about 2 1/2 hours, normally we lose it for days. Some towns will be without power for awhile but nothing like what was anticipated.

I've been a harsh critic of Eversource but give them their due this time they were right on top of it. Yes it helped the storm wasn't as bad as predicted but still, they were out in force.

Reaction Score
Actually, not all that unusual. New England has had more "hits" from tropical systems than the mid Atlantic region has over the years.
Even more than South Florida for the last few years. I keep checking with my family up there to see if they're OK.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Even more than South Florida for the last few years. I keep checking with my family up there to see if they're OK.
Yep. Last hurricane, Orlando got a rain shower and breeze for half a day.

Folks in Louisiana have been hammered in recent years, though.

Reaction Score
Yep. Last hurricane, Orlando got a rain shower and breeze for half a day.

Folks in Louisiana have been hammered in recent years, though.

Texas too.

Reaction Score
Was here for Hurricane Sandy, and was quite fearful that this would be worse. We in Fairfield County threaded the needle. Very heavy flooding just to the west of us in Northern New Jersey, Brooklyn, Westchester County. We missed the major rain bands by a few miles. And the slight wobble that took the eye over western Rhode Island instead of central Long Island spared us the winds.

Western Fairfield County got extremely lucky. Didn't even lose power. After Sandy, power was off for nine days.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I remember one year of high school, on the coast of Connecticut, we were hit by two hurricanes. One was actually in August, and I had a blast sailing the day before. Probably shouldn't have been out in a Sunfish in small-craft warnings, but hey, I was a teenage guy, so I was stupid.

I went out with my black-and-white film the day after one of them and got some great pics of the damage. I remember there being remarkably little damage to structures, but still a lot of downed trees and power lines.

Sending positive vibes to those in the path.
Hey boote, being a teenager and doing dumb stuff along the way, is a rite of passage en route to becoming a mature and responsible adult. We learned from all of the things we did. Lord knows I paid MY dues. :rolleyes: smh.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it was downright brutal in Groton Long Point:)

henri..png

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was born and raised in New Jersey and the first hurricane I can remember was Agnes in '72. It jump started a lifelong love affair with following tropical cyclones. I will also end up back in the Northeast when I retire in about 10 years.

Reaction Score
Was tracking Hurricane Henri, before making landfall at Rhode Island and CT border, on the MSC website. Have to say never seen a Hurricane looking so beautiful. I captured this screen image at the time I seen the shape of it.

1629805520501.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Was tracking Hurricane Henri, before making landfall at Rhode Island and CT border, on the MSC website. Have to say never seen a Hurricane looking so beautiful. I captured this screen image at the time I seen the shape of it.

View attachment 69401
Nice Valentine shaped Heart in the purple boundary. But trouble with the hole in the heart.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My prayers are with my BY friends residing in the path of the hurricane, unusual weather for you guys, be careful.
Your prayers worked. We got hardly anything other than a couple rainy days out of Henri in my neck of the woods.

On a side note could you throw up a couple prayers for a 12th title?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom