By all appearances, our guys characteristically unfazed... | The Boneyard

By all appearances, our guys characteristically unfazed...

Reaction Score
May have already been addressed a thousand times....
Why weren't the kids gathered together for the Selection Show?
Thanks

Reaction Score
Think it’s UConns preference not to do the show haven’t done it in a long time if ever

I thought I have seen them done it before, but when you are almost always one of the #1 seeds, there is no surprise for them to see.

Reaction Score
May have already been addressed a thousand times....
Why weren't the kids gathered together for the Selection Show?
Thanks
CW in her player reaction video posted in the selection show thread said they "got some good food, tacos, and watched it on the TV upstairs," so at least some of them watched it together. I guess this year there was just no camera like they had for most of the other schools.

Reaction Score

I watched the selection show on Monday. Is it traditional that UCONN does not participate in the " team gathering" tv spot, where the players all jump up and down when their school selection is made? I heard Rebecca mention something to the effect that, " we have nothing for UCONN."

Reaction Score
I watched the selection show on Monday. Is it traditional that UCONN does not participate in the " team gathering" tv spot, where the players all jump up and down when their school selection is made? I heard Rebecca mention something to the effect that, " we have nothing for UCONN."
They do gather and watch it. And ESPN has broadcast their reaction in years past as they did for many schools last night. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it, but this board reads into everything when often it's by chance rather than design. Maybe the players were happy to have one moment all to themselves given how much of their lives are on display for all to see as if they are on a reality TV show.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
CW in her player reaction video posted in the selection show thread said they "got some good food, tacos, and watched it on the TV upstairs," so at least some of them watched it together. I guess this year there was just no camera like they had for most of the other schools.
Must have enjoyed the Paige Caricature Cartoon.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Maybe the team feels the same way as many Boneyarders do, that the show is boring.....I can see a team celebrating if they are on the cuspid, and feel the joy when they find out that they are in, but not much to celebrate ....yet.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
You get to be age and Something tells me everyone will enjoy the start of the NCAA tournament a little more with Geno on COVID sabbatical...I mean quarantine...

The Less he knows outside of practice and games the better, 24/7 for 3 weeks at a hotel with this crew OMG!!!

Love this team and all but it takes very special folks equipped with incredible patience and tolerance to go through that adventure... I definitely would have tested positive to cut that sentence in half too...

⛹️‍♀️ ?

Reaction Score
Think it’s UConns preference not to do the show haven’t done it in a long time if ever
UConn has done it but not in a looooong time.

The teams to feature are the ones who are new to the tournament, have their best ever seed, or are waiting to find out if they're in.
For perennial powers, kinda a non-event.

Reaction Score
I think this might have discussed in a Geno Auriemma show with Kerith Burke a few years ago. Paraphrasing, he said that for a lot of teams, just making the tournament is the capstone of their seasons, and he didn't want to dimenish or cut-in to their celebratory airtime.

Reaction Score
I disagree, UCONN is very rarely featured on ESPN selection show. Most years they gather at Geno's home to watch the selection show. I imagine that because of Geno's Covid situation, they had to change it this year. They expect to be in the tournament, nothing to celebrate.

Reaction Score
I just hope they enjoy the tournament. For some it’s their first time. I hope they don’t take it as seriously as we do. I know they want to win. I want them to win. But I want them to soak in as much as they can under these COVID restrictions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom