Buyers Remorse for Bobby V. Already? | The Boneyard

Buyers Remorse for Bobby V. Already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For me, yes. And I liked the hire. But his wanting to bring in Bill Buckner is such a tone-deaf, too clever by half idea I have to reconsider. Yeah, Buckner got a raw deal 25 years ago. But this is about the Sox now. How would he help? Is he that great of a baseball man? Even before the boot he was an anti-social churl, is that the making of an effective coach? OTOH, as I was typing this I realized that the Sox have a handful of churls on the roster. Perhaps Buck could be a bridge.

Reaction Score
For me, yes. And I liked the hire. But his wanting to bring in Bill Buckner is such a tone-deaf, too clever by half idea I have to reconsider. Yeah, Buckner got a raw deal 25 years ago. But this is about the Sox now. How would he help? Is he that great of a baseball man? Even before the boot he was an anti-social churl, is that the making of an effective coach? OTOH, as I was typing this I realized that the Sox have a handful of churls on the roster. Perhaps Buck could be a bridge.
I read somewhere that they were teammates back in the day, either in the minors or with the Dodgers and are good friends. So hiring Buckner is more than a play to make up for the raw deal he got since '86.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I knew that he and Buck were buds and I agree that a manager is entitled to bring in some of his own guys. But what does Buck bring to the table for this year's Sox?

Reaction Score
I knew that he and Buck were buds and I agree that a manager is entitled to bring in some of his own guys. But what does Buck bring to the table for this year's Sox?

Are you really going to ask that question? From what I understand Buckner knows enough about baseball that he'll do a fine job. Plus, Sox fans will really love having him back around now that they won. Seriously, are we going to start criticizing these stupid things before the first game is played? I'll wait until the end of the 2012 season before I evaluate the Bobby V hire completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom