Butler Pre-Game Press 1/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Butler Pre-Game Press 1/20

Reaction Score
10 minute mark talking about physical play in the Big East: "They play in a league where every possession is a foul. . ."
I have posted before, IMO the play Fudd was injured on against Notre Dame was a football blocking play and had no business being done on a basketball court. A player has got to play with better body control than running into a player setting a pick full flush, knocking her straight backwards. So it’s not just the BE; from a 72 year old basketball lifer, WCBB refereeing is ridiculous and that is being kind.

Reaction Score
Glad you are ok with it. Geno said Azzi was devastated by the news after rehabbing for 5 weeks to be out again after a game.

Of course she was, and I was devastated for her. However, I’m sure she had a huge sigh of relief having not torn anything knowing her previous injury history.

Reaction Score
10 minute mark talking about physical play in the Big East: "They play in a league where every possession is a foul. . ."
pretty sure this was while he was talking about the men’s side

Reaction Score
Geno:

Once he gets warmed up, he's still as sharp as ever. I loved --

-- the reference to the fact that we know more about -- and do more for -- conditioning of players today than ever before, and yet we have more injuries than ever.

-- the raised eyebrows when none of the sportswriters seemed to pick up on his Paige/Azzi analogies to Mantle/Maris and especially Blanchard/Davis.

-- his reference to how every once in a while you get a performer (like Secretariat) that thrives on full workouts.

There is no greater student (and teacher) of the game. And that's why the most talented players all flock to him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom