Butler Pre-Game Press 1/20 | The Boneyard

Butler Pre-Game Press 1/20

Reaction Score
Well, there you have it. Two weeks, no weight bearing at all for Azzi. Beyond that, who knows. Yanna soon...Caroline...no answer. Ines? Not feeling well. The hits just keep on coming.
The TN gang can smell the blood...

Reaction Score
Well, there you have it. Two weeks, no weight bearing at all for Azzi. Beyond that, who knows. Yanna soon...Caroline...no answer. Ines? Not feeling well. The hits just keep on coming.
Sounds like no Azzi until probably the second half of February at the earliest. But, it seemed like Geno was hinting that we could see Ayanna tomorrow. He didn't have much to say about Caroline unfortunately. Also Ines has been pretty sick to the point she couldn't get out of bed, so let's keep that in mind tomorrow when she subs in.

Reaction Score
Sounds like no Azzi until probably the second half of February at the earliest. But, it seemed like Geno was hinting that we could see Ayanna tomorrow. He didn't have much to say about Caroline unfortunately. Also Ines has been pretty sick to the point she couldn't get out of bed, so let's keep that in mind tomorrow when she subs in.

Would they have enough players for tomorrow??

Reaction Score
Highly recommend listening to Geno’s press conference. Very interesting. Lots of insights. Lots of frustration. Great comments on all that they do to try and physically take care of kids and to avoid injuries. Really interesting discussion about pitchers who pitched 25 complete games in a year (back in the day) and today’s pitchers who don’t have that many CGs in a career. They do so much more to protect them today and yet have more Tommy John surgeries than ever. Related it to today’s year around training. Said Yanna could be back tomorrow, but just shook his head when asked about Carolyn. My favorite comment “I trust this team”!

Reaction Score
At 20:38 when Geno was asked about Caroline, I really didn't feel good about his silent pause and the look on his face. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that poor kid could really use some good news about her health one of these days. :(

Reaction Score
Aaliyah's interview was interesting too. Lots of detail about how she's taking care of her mental and physical needs game-to-game. She's starting to sound like a pro.

Reaction Score
I thought Geno said Ayanna could start contact practice Sunday… def no game tomorrow..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And Jonathan XIV went to the vet's today and had unspecified procedures. Yes, the hits just keep on coming.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Part of me, the largest part, would not be surprised if she joined Paige out for the season. Having no medical information we sit and wait. But no speculation!!

Reaction Score
At 20:19 he says "tomorrow at shoot around we'll know if Yanna is gonna go."
Go back to 19 mins and listen… ” hopefully Ayanna will be back tomorrow, I mean Sunday full contact Practice

Reaction Score
I relistened again and Geno is confused as well as reporters.. he first states Ayanna will be back full contact practice Sunday then he says she may play…

Reaction Score
I relistened again and Geno is confused as well as reporters.. he first states Ayanna will be back full contact practice Sunday then he says she may play…
If she's cleared for full contact Yanna may get a few minutes tomorrow. It's Butler not South Carolina. Not a bad game to dip your toes back into playing.

Reaction Score
hope everybody heard Geno when talking about Aubrey and her shooting.......Geno said she knows she's not coming out of the game no matter what crazy thing she does so after shooting two airballs she started hitting her threes...........he said sometimes players need that uninterrupted time on the floor to gain their confidence........that's always been my contention when discussing bringing certain players off the bench, but many here have disagreed.......,

Reaction Score
He also said about Azzi that there's no indication that she tore any ligaments, and that the current regimen is just about caution.

Reaction Score
He also said about Azzi that there's no indication that she tore any ligaments, and that the current regimen is just about caution.

We could have gotten much worse news. If this is the worst news we’ll get re: Azzi, I’m more than okay with that and hope she gets some much deserved time to rest up.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
10 minute mark talking about physical play in the Big East: "They play in a league where every possession is a foul. . ."

Reaction Score
We could have gotten much worse news. If this is the worst news we’ll get re: Azzi, I’m more than okay with that and hope she gets some much deserved time to rest up.
Glad you are ok with it. Geno said Azzi was devastated by the news after rehabbing for 5 weeks to be out again after a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom