Butler Fan Capacity | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Butler Fan Capacity

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
people are assuming the people yelling are infected which is part of the problem...
No, I am assuming that the projection of a person's exhale is amplified by yelling. I have no idea if they are infected. That is the problem.

Reaction Score
No, I am assuming that the projection of a person's exhale is amplified by yelling. I have no idea if they are infected. That is the problem.

Understood which I assume is why people would wear masks and be socially distant. Taking the proper precautions like taking temperatures, getting tested prior to an event, or getting vaccinated would also weigh in. I don’t think it CANT be done but I also don’t think we are there yet.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Games with fans will be no fun unless we can pack the joint. It’s just not the same. I’ll be enjoying from my couch this year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would feel much more comfortable outdoors at a football game than indoors at a basketball game.

I would feel comfortable enough going to a 10k seat basketball arena with 1500-2000 fans provided there are protocols for entrance/exit and spacing amongst the crowd.

Same. I think the biggest risk isn't in the arena seats. It's in the corridors, concessions, bathrooms etc. I've got next to no concerns with sitting in a large open area like an arena at much lower capacity. As I said, the ventilation systems are designed to move a lot of CO2 out and fresh air in. So the air exchange rate at low capacity would be fantastic, almost like outside.

Reaction Score
I do this every day at work and work with > 1000 people in my building. It’s been working.

Infection rates are WAY up. How is it working? Im not just talking about your building but everyone taking risks indoors. The vaccine won't be out for non-healthcare people for over 6 months to a year.

Reaction Score
Same. I think the biggest risk isn't in the arena seats. It's in the corridors, concessions, bathrooms etc. I've got next to no concerns with sitting in a large open area like an arena at much lower capacity. As I said, the ventilation systems are designed to move a lot of CO2 out and fresh air in. So the air exchange rate at low capacity would be fantastic, almost like outside.
I agree - the thing that's always bothered me about potentially having fans at the games are the restrooms, which are tiny at both our venues. I assume they could just say no concessions, but you can't prohibit restroom use.

Reaction Score
Can you put reasonable precautions in place and lower risk for people in attendance for a single event? Yes. Can you make sure those in attendance are those without too many pre-existing conditions and of a safer age? Yes.

But what happens if you do that everywhere? Schools, restaurants, walmart, etc.,etc.

All those little risks add up. And you get a little spread. And then that spread works its way through households, friend pods, and essential workers. And a little spread turns into bigger spread. And then once the number gets big enough, it goes supernova thanks to the exponential nature of this virus' spread.

Which is why even if you can mostly hold an event in a safe-ish manner, any gatherings of people that don't absolutely need to happen just shouldn't. The vaccines aren't that far away. Everyone just needs to have some patience.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Infection rates are WAY up. How is it working? Im not just talking about your building but everyone taking risks indoors. The vaccine won't be out for non-healthcare people for over 6 months to a year.
No one has died or been hospitalized in my office, nor their family members either.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Your confidence in air quality and filtration capabilities of arenas is higher than mine.

We know airplanes move their air quickly and efficiently. I don't think most people want to know what XL or Gampel have for air filtration.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I agree - the thing that's always bothered me about potentially having fans at the games are the restrooms, which are tiny at both our venues. I assume they could just say no concessions, but you can't prohibit restroom use.

Close the bathrooms and mandate Depends.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Who is going to police social distance, and how? I see groups of 4 or 5 teens, masks around their necks, walking down the street together in a bunch. I tie my boat to a 4 foot wide dock and get out to go get the trailer. here comes two or three guys walking up the dock together. The look at me like a wacko when I get back into the boat until they pass. it's like these people never heard of covid. Unless they physically remove 75% of the seats, there's no way it's happening.

Reaction Score
No it’s not my girlfriend works in a hospital I’m well aware at how real it is. However if you are healthy or don’t have any pre-existing conditions you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

Shhhh! Spread fear, not facts.

If you’re over 60 and/or have an underlying health condition stay home as much as practical. You’re at risk.

Everyone else wear a mask, social distance, and do whatever it is you want to do. You may get sick but chances of you dying from Covid are slim and none.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom