Butler Fan Capacity | The Boneyard

Butler Fan Capacity

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would feel much more comfortable outdoors at a football game than indoors at a basketball game.

I would feel comfortable enough going to a 10k seat basketball arena with 1500-2000 fans provided there are protocols for entrance/exit and spacing amongst the crowd.

Reaction Score
I would feel much more comfortable outdoors at a football game than indoors at a basketball game.

I would feel comfortable enough going to a 10k seat basketball arena with 1500-2000 fans provided there are protocols for entrance/exit and spacing amongst the crowd.
Exactly. We remember how empty the St. Joe’s game was and that was what 4K? This would half of that at most. It’s safe, safer than a classroom

Reaction Score
If they’re scanning temperatures at the entrance, enforcing mandatory masks, and groups stay 6 feet apart I guess that’s all you can do. Assuming there will be no food or beverages in the building.

Hinkel Fieldhouseis is similar capacity to Gampel so right around 2500 fans will be allowed in.

Hope things get better in CT/US soon.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Exactly. We remember how empty the St. Joe’s game was and that was what 4K? This would half of that at most. It’s safe, safer than a classroom

There are plenty of people who wouldn't want to go to a game in person. All the power to them to sit it out until things calm down.
Also, people who do attend need to be vigilant who they end up being around for a period of time after the game. Going to a game and then visiting grandma or pops would be a big time richard move.

Reaction Score
How much will it cost to have UConn do a cardboard cutout of Stone Cold?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If they’re scanning temperatures at the entrance, enforcing mandatory masks, and groups stay 6 feet apart I guess that’s all you can do. Assuming there will be no food or beverages in the building.

Hinkel Fieldhouseis is similar capacity to Gampel so right around 2500 fans will be allowed in.

Hope things get better in CT/US soon.
I do this every day at work and work with > 1000 people in my building. It’s been working.

Reaction Score
I do this every day at work and work with > 1000 people in my building. It’s been working.

I think it can be done. Some places are even going as little as 15% capacity. This whole this is juggling science, fear, and common sense. I think those protocols would be fine. I’m sure Gampel staff would ensure safety, security and cleanliness. They can issue a warning to people in certain age groups and recommend certain people staying home with preconceived health conditions.

The issue is battling the governor and media to get it passed. IMO If your able to go to a store, gas station, or restaurant the you could sit in a chair in a building and kept your distance lol.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think it can be done. Some places are even going as little as 15% capacity. This whole this is juggling science, fear, and common sense. I think those protocols would be fine. I’m sure Gampel staff would ensure safety, security and cleanliness. They can issue a warning to people in certain age groups and recommend certain people staying home with preconceived health conditions.

The issue is battling the governor and media to get it passed. IMO If your able to go to a store, gas station, or restaurant the you could sit in a chair in a building and kept your distance lol.
Been a few years since I went to a game a Gampel, but I recall the staff all being in the at-risk age group.

Also, the chances of yelling at the top of your lungs are much higher at a sporting event than at a store, gas station, or restaurant.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

I spoke with my friend in state house and he said Lamont is pushing hard for Phase 1 / Lockdown situation. Expect it soon. As for basketball, I don’t think Lamont cares and he’ll shut down travel again.

Big East is still thinking of a possible bubble no?

Reaction Score
Fans (students) must accept inherent risk. What do students care? If they get it, they recover, no big deal. But what about the ones they pass it to during holiday break? This is stupid, remember what state Butler is in.

Reaction Score
Fans (students) must accept inherent risk. What do students care? If they get it, they recover, no big deal. But what about the ones they pass it to during holiday break? This is stupid, remember what state Butler is in.

I’m just playing devils advocate with you to be fair. If your 60+ and wanna risk it I tip my cap and say god speed. It’s an unwise decision on your part, not the school. By now you should be aware this thing exists and be taking precautions before doing things in public.

I do think it’s irresponsible for any schools to open up for fans. My wife is a hospital nurse on a covid floor and she’s seeing major spikes in CT. Her patients aren’t just older people. She’s seeing men and women in their late 20’s early 30’s as well. Also, every person has a different path to recovery. Some people have it asymptomatic while others have long term respiratory conditions. Yes, someone that it asymptomatic can pass it. This all is scary but it’s reality and I just think you need to understand it, learn it, and make wise decisions around it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Also, the chances of yelling at the top of your lungs are much higher at a sporting event than at a store, gas station, or restaurant.

That's a joke - I've heard a lot of highly animated discussions at all these places since this crap has started in March

Reaction Score

That's a joke - I've heard a lot of highly animated discussions at all these places since this crap has started in March

people are assuming the people yelling are infected which is part of the problem...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

How many times? How does that number compare to the the guarantee of nearly everyone in attendance (numbering in the tens of thousands at a given indoor sporting event?

Reaction Score
And this is before any team has travelled to play another team, or allowed fans in. We need a season, fans just seem like an unnecessary risk

Guess the season is more important than life

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom