Fort the ead!
- Aug 26, 2011
- Very little to complain about in the first half -- As far as I'm concerned, it was our best half of team basketball this season.
- Really nice to hear Raf's voice. Felt like the glory days.
- Everybody playing well. 14 dimes, 10 steals & 9 blocks.
- My Sanogo dribble axiom held true. If he bounces it more than twice, he either misses the shot or turns it over.
- Whaley's 2nd consecutive game with an inexplicable unforced turnover. This one, he passed to empty space. I guess he thought Polley was coming toward him, but Tyler headed for the corner instead. Whaley realized it too late -- reacted, but there was no pulling it back, and he ended up just sort of shuffling it to nobody. I'll forgive him that foobah and his 33% shooting in light of his 7 blocks, 6 points, 5 boards, a dime and a steal.
- After the thing of beauty that was our play in the first half, we really came out mistake prone in 2nd half. But when Butler got the lead down to 10 and DH called a time out, we came back out with the the same intensity that we had showed in the first half. Good TO. Good in-game coaching.
- 1st offensive foul call on Cole was legit, but the 2nd one was total bull.
- Golden went 5 of 7 for 3. Apparently, leaving him alone outside, based on his 1 of 18 coming in, was part of our game plan.
- We were uncustomarily outrebounded on the offensive board, 8 to 4. Still won the overall rebounding margin 34 to 30.
- 7 of 8 players who saw the floor had at least one assist, and our two PGs had 8 between them.
- Tyrese is an obvious choice for POG, but I'd give it to Whaley.
- I know that Whaley was officially credited with 7 blocks. But if you get a finger on the ball and alter its trajectory and it doesn't go in the hole, that's a block, dammit! Check out the vid. What's really amazing is how many of them gave us possession.