Butler. 19 Straight. Fifth longest streak ever. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Butler. 19 Straight. Fifth longest streak ever.

Reaction Score
You know, I suspect that to do what she's doing, she must be playing much better than she played at UConn. Whether it is greater self-confidence, or whether her skills have improved, or whether the coach simply went to her and told her that they need her to be the center of the team, I don't think one accomplishes what she is accomplishing while playing like she did at UConn.

It would be an excellent question for a journalist to pose to Coach Geno.

On the latest Geno A show I think he touches some of this when talking about transfers. He spoke of two different scenerios and I assumed Nat was the later. Basically he is okay with the kid that tried their best, gave it their all and the staff did the best they could with them.... but they felt they wanted something different (after everyone tried their best to make it work.)

She was highly effective in the big east as a freshman, so I would guess the system is a better fit, she is getting more PT and she is more of a focus point. I do not doubt she is better by being coached at UConn for 2 years and also being in better shape as well.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. Nataly had bad hands and very little offensive presence. Her passing ability was average. Please keep in mind that she is now playing against a much more modest level of competition, and the expectations for her are far more relaxed. We are all happy for her success. That is why she left. But I don't think it is fitting to somehow blame UCONN for her mediocre performance at the top level of competition. She was over-rated when she arrived. She worked hard, developed a lot, and gave us 100%. But the reality is; she was not good enough to play full-time at UCONN and make a positive difference. That she transferred made sense for both sides.

I wasn't blaming UCONN for anything. I was simply stating that the offensive scheme that UCONN runs was not a good match for Butler.

Reaction Score
Natalie may have trouble adding to her streak of double doubles with the next game against Fordham. The second leading rebounder in the NCAA plays for Fordham.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom