Bussie | The Boneyard

Bussie

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I do not know what kind of season she has had, but from what I saw in the 2nd half, I ask could she start for UConn?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
1st half not so much, second half she was tremendous.

1st half 2pts, 1 off rebound, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 TOs

2nd half, 17 pts, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 6 TOs

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I don't know if Bussie is that good or if Dolson is that bad. All I know is that she had her way with Dolson last night. Dolson was simply outclassed.

Reaction Score
I hope this is a temporary situation with Dolson and that she is going to wake up before Saturday because UCONN can not win without her. I'm not sure but just maybe it might be a mental thing with her because as far as I know she does not have an injury and seems to have all the tools to succeed.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dolson looked very flush to me last night. I stated in the first half that we never know which kids might have a bug and be under the weather. She was the one I was thinking of because she seemed less than strong or quick.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Dolson has had a couple of games this year where she looked good. For most of the season she has played pretty much like she did last night. She played like this last year before the "great improvement". If she plays to this year's form against ND it will be a very long night.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Dolson has had a couple of games this year where she looked good. For most of the season she has played pretty much like she did last night. She played like this last year before the "great improvement". If she plays to this year's form against ND it will be a very long night.

I don't agree. Baylor game was close, and Dolson was a non factor. My take is that we can beat anyone anytime, with athletic tools to compensate for off nights for any player.

It amazes me that the #2 team in the country generates such defeatist attitudes from some posters here.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't agree. Baylor game was close, and Dolson was a non factor. My take is that we can beat anyone anytime, with athletic tools to compensate for off nights for any player.

It amazes me that the #2 team in the country generates such defeatist attitudes from some posters here.
Agree- don't think UConn "needs" Stef to have a big game, though it puts that much pressure on shooters to hit shots. Stef had big games the second and especially third time UConn and ND played last season, and it made things much easier.

I think the biggest key is that Bria keeps playing at the level she has been. She has the best mid-range game on the team and has been driving very effectively. Last year, if her outside shot wasn't falling, she didn't have a consistent Plan B. Now she seems to have a couple.

Reaction Score
Does Dolson not have permission to shot. Come on girl show them what you got. I did like the high screens she set that allowed for some made three-point baskets even though the screens seem totally accidental. I also noticed that Dolson is still holding the ball too low and is a tad indecisive. She seems very tight and plays as if she has to be perfect.

Reaction Score
I do not know what kind of season she has had, but from what I saw in the 2nd half, I ask could she start for UConn?

On this small sample, this one game ? yes she had far better composure than SD or KS during the game, KS looked like a deer in the head lights several times during the game, and SD "seems" to not be physically strong enough to hold her space against similar sized bigs so to so to speak, neither took advantage of their opponent sagging off them when they were in the high post, that is part of why Bussie looked so good in the 2nd half.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Dolson looked very flush to me last night. I stated in the first half that we never know which kids might have a bug and be under the weather. She was the one I was thinking of because she seemed less than strong or quick.

I talked to her about 20 minutes after the game, and didn't think she was under the weather, but I may not be the best judge of that. However, if she really was under the weather, I wouldn't have expected her to be hanging out, I would have expected her to head home as quickly as possible. But who knows.

Reaction Score
who needs a 6.5 at the three point line, plus she can't drive toward the basket... [4 on 5] gets tough to win against good teams....
with Buck you get defence

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

Defeatist? More like realist. Dolson was a huge factor in the loss to Notre Dame last year. I don't see why this year should be any different. If she plays well UConn will probably win. If she plays poorly it will be difficult for UConn to win in South Bend.

Just me and defeatist Geno -
Auriemma was asked tonight whether or not the Huskies can reach the Final Four without a significant contribution from Dolson.
“To Denver? I don’t know,’’ Auriemma said.

Reaction Score
Any top 20 team that wants a real shot at beating UConn should get a tape of this game and commit it to memory. Even granted that UConn had a lousy shooting game, if you want to see how to get UConn out of its rhythm and remove most of the inside game, look no further. Now to do that, you have to have some pretty good players inside, but there must be a few teams that have strong, athletic centers who can make life miserable for those who venture inside. Those teams might have a better shot against UConn than most of us figured at the start of the season.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
On a few occasions, she was at the three point line playing the high post with her back to the basket. That in itself indicates the problem is between her ears. She is smarter than that.

Reaction Score
who needs a 6.5 at the three point line, plus she can't drive toward the basket... [4 on 5] gets tough to win against good teams....

Well said, What Buck does not do is get pushed around as easily as SD does and can stop the other teams big from scoring a bunch of point when she is on the floor, (Griner) frankly negating the other teams big from scoring a lot is important to say the least. I suspect that Buck could very well have a hell of a game against ND if she SD are rotated / played together though out the entire game. jmo KS is still a bit apprehensive while on the court, last nights game showed she is still not as comfortable as we would all like her to be.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I talked to her about 20 minutes after the game, and didn't think she was under the weather, but I may not be the best judge of that. However, if she really was under the weather, I wouldn't have expected her to be hanging out, I would have expected her to head home as quickly as possible. But who knows.
Good to hearthat , Phil, it was just some things I noticed. Her cheeks that are always flushed (pale Irish blessing) looked very much so last night. She, also, seemed sluggish. Glad to hear she was well.

Reaction Score
On a few occasions, she was at the three point line playing the high post with her back to the basket. That in itself indicates the problem is between her ears. She is smarter than that.
The 6'5" center shouldn't lead the team in assists (6) and have no blocks.

If I was Geno and called the time out late in the first half, I would have had them all sit down and b!tch slap them all! I'm surprised how calm he was! I wanted to smack them all!!

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
she really played well against us last year in the ncaa tourney... she is good.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I feel the same when BG drifts out to guard the opposing post player. Until they prove that they are an outside threat, plant your butt in the lane. UCONN drove to the basket multiple times against Baylor when BG was drifting around the FT line. If UCONN and Baylor play again, Baylor cannot afford to allow BG to be anywhere other than in the lane on defense. I doubt that Dolson, or any other post, is going to stand our there and drill shot after shot. The benefits don't outweigh the risks.

Reaction Score

If I was Geno and called the time out late in the first half, I would have had them all sit down and b!tch slap them all! I'm surprised how calm he was! I wanted to smack them all!!

You play to your strengths. Shot blocking is not as easy as it might seem; Position, timing, quickness off the floor.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Now THAT is funny! LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul