Burton was right, Addazio can coach. | The Boneyard

Burton was right, Addazio can coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fundamentally sound performance thrashing Edsall today. Almost beat JoPa last week. Very impressive.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Fundamentally sound performance thrashing Edsall today. Almost beat JoPa last week. Very impressive.

C'mon pal. "Buron" isn't even close...And I was thinking the same thing.

Reaction Score
I was a big supporter of Addazzio as a future head coach of UCONN. Fantastic recruiter as well. Scapegoat in Florida.

Reaction Score
Starting to think a fired up guy not in his 60's might have been a decent idea.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If only Randy Edsall had left earlier!

Reaction Score
Easy easy there bandwagon jumpers. Al Golden recruited some good talent. Coach P would be getting the same results with that crew.

Reaction Score
I am not jumping on Addazio's bandwagon, I felt he would have been a solid head coach. And if the UCONN job opened at the same time as Temple, he might have been the choice.

And I am not saying Coach P was a mistake. It has been 3 games.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

I'll co-sign this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Addazio may be a good head coach. Can't really tell yet. But...I am not sure where he gets a rep as a good recruiter. He was a good recruiter at Florida..who can't recruit there? Also..he is playing with Golden's players...let's see him do it with his own.

Lastly..he wasn't a scapegoat in Florida..his offense was horrible. Gator fans, rightfully so, were happy he left.

Again...he may turn out to be a good head coach..but he was a bad OC.

Reaction Score
If only Randy Edsall had left earlier!
I think it is a safe bet to say that had Edsall left earlier Addazio may have replaced our new coach. I definitely could have seen Al Golden taking this job....and who knows if Miami had been upfront about the Shapiro mess if things would have turned out differently. I know one thing is for sure Addazio wasn't very popular the last few seasons with Florida fans. Jury is still out for me on him.

Reaction Score
Maybe Edsall can't beat Temple. They better hope that Rutgers isn't on their schedule.

Reaction Score
Addazio may be a good head coach. Can't really tell yet. But...I am not sure where he gets a rep as a good recruiter. He was a good recruiter at Florida..who can't recruit there? Also..he is playing with Golden's players...let's see him do it with his own.

Lastly..he wasn't a scapegoat in Florida..his offense was horrible. Gator fans, rightfully so, were happy he left.

Again...he may turn out to be a good head coach..but he was a bad OC.

He has done well getting CT kids at all his stops, Notre Dame, Florida, and Syracuse. I understand that some schools are powerhouses, but still, he got some blue chip CT kids to go to these schools.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He has done well getting CT kids at all his stops, Notre Dame, Florida, and Syracuse. I understand that some schools are powerhouses, but still, he got some blue chip CT kids to go to these schools.

Isn't that why we got Coach P?

Reaction Score
Isn't that why we got Coach P?

Not sure if that was stated as a reason. Posters here pointed out that he had success getting CT kids at Syracuse (Freeney, McIntosh brothers, Tebucky Jones . . .etc.). If I remember correctly, Addazio left Cheshire high to join Coach P's staff in 96 or 97. Then on to Notre Dame, then to Florida.

Reaction Score
Not sure if that was stated as a reason. Posters here pointed out that he had success getting CT kids at Syracuse (Freeney, McIntosh brothers, Tebucky Jones . . .etc.). If I remember correctly, Addazio left Cheshire high to join Coach P's staff in 96 or 97. Then on to Notre Dame, then to Florida.

with a stop at indiana between ND and Florida. he wanted to stay in indiana until his girls finished high school, i think.

dude can coach, but most of all, the dude can motivate. i still remember locker room speaches with addazzio - he did not like losing. i once saw him pick up and slam an offensive linemen down by the face mask, then stand up and yell at the kids father. classic. good coach, and good guy...but a big-time intimidator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom