Burt Reynolds | The Boneyard

Burt Reynolds

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We may never be that cool as a country again.

The country survived the deaths of Steve McQueen and Paul Newman. I'm sure it can survive the passing of a known wife-beater.

Sorry, just never saw much in Reynolds, even in Boogie Nights, although I did enjoy The Longest Yard.

Reaction Score
The country survived the deaths of Steve McQueen and Paul Newman. I'm sure it can survive the passing of a known wife-beater.

Sorry, just never saw much in Reynolds, even in Boogie Nights, although I did enjoy The Longest Yard.

Known wife beater? I never heard that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I always thought Reynolds was completely mediocre as an actor, but he was excellent in Boogie Nights.

Reaction Score
dGdaJ8j.gif

Reaction Score
just watched Cannonball Run - he was a fun actor.

Yeah those movies along with Smokey and the Bandit and Stroker Ace basically had their own genre.

Reaction Score
Stick and Sharky'' Machine were great films.

I agree that Newman and McQueen were bigger and better, but Reynolds was truly an icon.

We'll never figure out why he passed over so many good roles.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah those movies along with Smokey and the Bandit and Stroker Ace basically had their own genre.

Have to add Hooper to that list. He was good in Deliverance, though it's not the same kind of movie for sure.

RIP. For the record, I think the closest modern equivalents are Ryan Reynolds and Chris Pratt. All is not lost.

Reaction Score

I agree that Newman and McQueen were bigger and better, but Reynolds was truly an icon.

it's crazy listening to the roles he turned down.

• James Bond. ...
  • Michael Corleone in “The Godfather” ...
  • Han Solo in “Star Wars” ...
  • Richard Gere's Role in “Pretty Woman” ...
  • Jack Nicholson's Role in “One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest” ...
  • Bruce Willis' Role in “Die Hard” and Jack Nicholson's Role in “Terms of Endearment”

Last edited:
Reaction Score

All three were different kinds of cool in my opinion.

When I was a kid my Dad and I sat next to Paul Newman in a greasy spoon in CT and we chatted about auto racing since he owned one of the best Indy Car teams in history. He was so much cooler in person. I told him Slapshot was my favorite movie and he joked that I was too young to be watching that kind of film.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
All three were different kinds of cool in my opinion.

When I was a kid my Dad and I sat next to Paul Newman in a greasy spoon in CT and we chatted about auto racing since he owned one of the best Indy Car teams in history. He was so much cooler in person. I told him Slapshot was my favorite movie and he joked that I was too young to be watching that kind of film.

Newman hit on a date of mine at a gas station on Rte1 in Southport. I had stopped at a gas station for a pack of smokes, Newman was filling up. I didn't see him, but date did and went to ask for an autograph. He famously didn't sign and told her no, but he'd buy her a beer.

She was 17 at the time (I was 19). And her dad was DA. So probably a good thing that didn't go down, lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom