Burrell was Burrell huh? | The Boneyard

Burrell was Burrell huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So the Memphis punk was more of who he should have been against us. 4-10 and 0 fee 3 from deep. I know some of it is our own doing and defense but why do we get that kid playing way over his head and throwing in all of that crap?

Doubt he was yapping and jawing in anyones face today huh?

Reaction Score
He's from New York, and while I was at the game I noticed what seemed to be his entire family had taken up two sections of Gampel, which must've been the first time they all saw him in person for Memphis. No wonder he played out of his mind.

Reaction Score
Well then good for him. They also bi*thed at every call as did he, and yelled at the refs constantly.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So the Memphis punk was more of who he should have been against us. 4-10 and 0 fee 3 from deep. I know some of it is our own doing and defense but why do we get that kid playing way over his head and throwing in all of that crap?

Maybe some of it has to do with playing vs the defending national champions, players and teams seem to save their A game for these match-ups. But some BYers disagree.

Reaction Score
Both games this year a random scrub went big for Memphis against UConn. Screw Memphis.

Reaction Score
I know some of it is our own doing and defense but why do we get that kid playing way over his head and throwing in all of that crap?
Because we're the national champs, which means we've faced everybody's A+ effort this season.

Remember how packed and loud Tulane's gym was against us? It was a tomb against everybody else this year. Same for ECU, and a few others.

It's who we are, and the kids better get used to it. Hopefully this year will have toughened them up for the next two, and hopefully our defensive rotations are smarter and quicker.

Reaction Score
Next year we won't be the defending champs, so it's unlikely we get every team's A++ game against us.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

That's how yankees act, brah...he's from Albany NY

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Both games this year a random scrub went big for Memphis against UConn. Screw Memphis.

borat_great_success.jpg

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Memphis plays hard but has no coaching.

Reaction Score
maybe Mick can coach our team over the phone, too!
Much as I don't love Mick, his in-game coaching would be an improvement for you guys. Maybe Paster could help him in recruiting in exchange.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Much as I don't love Mick, his in-game coaching would be an improvement for you guys. Maybe Paster could help him in recruiting in exchange.
Memphis almost recruits itself, so I give him less credit for that. They've always had talent, even when they sucked in the early Cal years (when they played in the real C-USA and couldn't make the tournament -- sounds familiar??).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom