Burdick, Howard, Van Lith and ??? Are U.S.A.'s 3x3 Hoops Olympic Team (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Burdick, Howard, Van Lith and ??? Are U.S.A.'s 3x3 Hoops Olympic Team (merged)

Reaction Score
The obvious choice is Hamby. A big for a big and she's having a great season. She also played in the Olympic 3x3 qualifiers. If not her then I would go Gray. Assuming Rhyne Howard is ok, you'll have another dual threat guard that already has chemistry with Rhyne.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Damn this sucks, for the players, for USA basketball... and for my fantasy league roster - Brink and Howard were both in my starting six. :(

Reaction Score
One takeaway from this is USA Basketball should probably submit the full team roster before the 3 on 3 in the future. Would seem to make a lot more sense to choose the 3 on 3 from the 13 to 20 choices for the full team as a way to introduce them into the senior program.

Clark is likely better suited to the 3 on 3 than full roster at this stage. Silly they named the team so soon rather than waiting to see who did not make the 12 player team. It's a shame they couldn't have put Aliyah Boston and Clark on there from the start, and they're now ineligible as replacements.

Reaction Score
@nickp91

Please see the thread on the 3x3 team which explains who can/can't be on the team. Stef Dolson was a gold-medial winner but she hasn't played 3x3 enough recently to qualify for inclusion. Same holds for Clark or Watkins, who really wouldn't replace a center like Brink, anyways.

Gut: Dearica Hamby, who is long, tall and has played a solid 3x3 tournament.
I'm really not that serious about this. I don't delve into the rules and regulations. I just like basketball. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm really not that serious about this. I don't delve into the rules and regulations. I just like basketball. :rolleyes:
Sadly, there are those who need to be provided this list because, unlike you, there are they believe these selections are "arbitrary" (shrugging emoji if there was one).

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
What's the status of Rhyne Howard's ankle injury?

I think it would be unwise to replace Brink until they know if Howard needs to be replaced as well.
My fantasy league team manager (aka me) would like to know too. I suspect we'll get an update before or after tonight's game?

Reaction Score
As I remember for the 2021 Olympics, the 3x3 team gathered in Vegas I believe for a few days practice and then flew to Tokyo from Vegas. I suspect USAB will invite replacement candidates to wherever this last practice convenes and then select the replacement(s) just before leaving.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

As some suspected based on the USA Basketball metrics/points system.

Based on what we now know, Hamby was the most logical and deserving choice to take the open slot. The fact that she also is a tall, rangy forward who is playing well helps, too. Heal well, Cameron, and congrats to Dearica Hamby for joining the U.S.A. team. Go get it!

Reaction Score
I have quite enjoyed watching 3x3 these last few years. It is a fast paced and grueling game which incidentally does not allow coaching during the game. The four players on the roster rotate quite frequently - essentially every opportunity - to maintain endurance. The question that has come to mind is what happens with an injury. The team would be effectively limited to three players no substitutions which could be very tough. That would make absolutely imperative the team start with players at an absolute 100% physically.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom