Bunny Statistic | The Boneyard

Bunny Statistic

Reaction Score
"Staggering statistic
UConn has missed a ton of layups and close range shots this season.
The numbers back that up. According to hoop-math.com, the Huskies are shooting 52.7 percent on shots at the rim, ranking 325 out of 347 Division I programs. That includes dunks, tip-ins and layups." Gavin Keefe, The Day, Jan 27

My reaction to a missed bunny is usually that it was bad luck on a hurried shot. This stat makes me wonder whether it is a trend, and whether we can reverse it and regain a touch at the basket. A couple of extra makes would help us in a lot of games.

Reaction Score
Dunk. The. Ball.

This. Josh's last shot Tuesday solved the problem of being worried about it being blocked. We need our bigs to attack the rim with much more strength. We need our smalls to stop attacking the rim when a bunch of bigs are waiting for them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gavin Goose

Also, did anybody else hold their breath a bit as Whaley and Carlton lounged a bit on the rim and risked a T after their emphatic dunks?

5 years ago Josh's dunk was a definite T. And yes, him getting T'd up did cross my mind.

Reaction Score
Gavin Goose

Also, did anybody else hold their breath a bit as Whaley and Carlton lounged a bit on the rim and risked a T after their emphatic dunks?
Is this the real Hans? No prose to your statement no cadence to your tone... ?????

Reaction Score
Sanogo is very good inside with bunnys, he should be schooling Carlton and Whalley who last game looked a brick layer. Sanogo doesn’t get rattled and takes his time rather than nervously flinging it up.

Reaction Score
This. Josh's last shot Tuesday solved the problem of being worried about it being blocked. We need our bigs to attack the rim with much more strength. We need our smalls to stop attacking the rim when a bunch of bigs are waiting for them.
One of the reasons I think fans are chanting for Akok (lol, no seriously) is because we need someone that is tall and athletic enough to make plays above the rim.

With Bouk and Jackson out we are trying to compete with small ball coupled with defense-attentiveness. Not ideal but pretty effective so far in my opinion given the roster. I still want to see how effective Springs can be but my guess is he’s rough offensively (hope I’m wrong). From what I hear he is an elite rebounder. Yes you are right, taking it wildly to the rim has been an issue with our small play as well.

some things to fix but they are doable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom