Bullspit ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Bullspit ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. I held my breath for a damned long time during the 2nd half of that game.
  2. Obviously, his foul situation precluded any possibility of Bouk breaking out of his role as the 2nd half savior today, but man what a last 10 minutes he had!
  3. POG. Vital, without any question. Sterling D, team high 24 points, team high 6 boards, plus 3 assists & 3 steals. Considering the rest of his line, I can forgive the 4 TOs.
  4. Whaley and Bouk both have to get honorable mention in the POG category. Bouk might have earned it himself if he played more than 15 minutes.
  5. Speaking of minutes, Gaffney played the most of anyone on the team. He looked comfortable and did a credible job running the team, had 3 dimes and a couple steals, and only turned it over twice. The TO stat kind of surprised me, because he still seems to have trouble dribbling on the perimeter. Half the time when he changes direction, he looks like he's on the verge of losing control of the ball, even when he's not being covered tightly. Yet when he weaves through a congested lane, his handle is pretty good. A matter of concentration? Or is just that he has a plan when he's headed to the rim? He only shot 3 of 6 from the FT line, but that appears to be a hiccup. Even with today's 50%, he's 83% plus for the season.
  6. Adams played well offensively, but he seemed to draw the assignment of guarding Brown quite a bit, and wasn't very effective against his length. Listed at 6-6 to Brendan's 6-4, but it sure looked like more than a 2" disparity to me.
  7. AG played within himself. Did not try to do too much on offense (2 dimes and one 3 pointer), had a few boards and a steal, but his biggest contributions were on D, especially against Rideau.
  8. Our defensive scheme often results in our center being pulled to the perimeter, then rolling back to the middle on a switch. I feel a lot better when Whaley does that than Josh. Whaley seems to get back under the rim quickly and kind of effortlessly compared to Josh.
  9. Happy with the outcome, and mostly happy with the effort and execution, despite them letting USF hang too close for too long, and not letting me breathe normally for much of the 2nd half.
  10. USF has some ugly road uniforms.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'The TO stat kind of surprised me, because he still seems to have trouble dribbling on the perimeter. Half the time when he changes direction, he looks like he's on the verge of losing control of the ball, even when he's not being covered tightly. Yet when he weaves through a congested lane, his handle is pretty good. A matter of concentration?'
im starting to think that a lot of people here 'see' the games, but not nearly as many 'watch' them. for the umpteenth time, does anyone realize that he's wearing a brace on his hand????
and from the looks of it, it's the absolutely, categorically worst hand problem to have - a thumb one. any athlete, check that, any primate who has ever sprained/tore the thumb knows exactly what im talking about. to answer your question, when in plodding handle mode, its easy to hear the little voice saying 'remember the thumb!' when going hard, well there's no time to think, only time to just do it. you know those stars over a character's head in a cartoon when they get whacked? try having that injury, nursing and rehabbing it along for a long while, feeling better as time goes on. then wham! you reinjure it. now, you too will see them.

Reaction Score
'The TO stat kind of surprised me, because he still seems to have trouble dribbling on the perimeter. Half the time when he changes direction, he looks like he's on the verge of losing control of the ball, even when he's not being covered tightly. Yet when he weaves through a congested lane, his handle is pretty good. A matter of concentration?'
im starting to think that a lot of people here 'see' the games, but not nearly as many 'watch' them. for the umpteenth time, does anyone realize that he's wearing a brace on his hand????
and from the looks of it, it's the absolutely, categorically worst hand problem to have - a thumb one. any athlete, check that, any primate who has ever sprained/tore the thumb knows exactly what im talking about. to answer your question, when in plodding handle mode, its easy to hear the little voice saying 'remember the thumb!' when going hard, well there's no time to think, only time to just do it. you know those stars over a character's head in a cartoon when they get whacked? try having that injury, nursing and rehabbing it along for a long while, feeling better as time goes on. then wham! you reinjure it. now, you too will see them.
I noticed his wrapped hand but with that being said I give him credit! Today he looked more aggressive and took initiative when he needed to and actually shot the ball. He has game and when he’s aggressive it shows.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I noticed his wrapped hand but with that being said I give him credit! Today he looked more aggressive and took initiative when he needed to and actually shot the ball. He has game and when he’s aggressive it shows.
my favorite play of his today. he's sorta wandering around the key with the ball, unsure of what's next, when he loses the ball, and they get an easy layup. he doesn't visually emote a lot, but watching him closely this year, you can kinda sense his mood. now he's mad (at himself?) and exhibits a 'gimme the damn ball' demeanor on the next possession. bang! 3 ball! good! no slow motion rollout of the play, no waiting for everyone to be where they're supposed to be, just 'gimme the ball, im scoring now.' smoldering hoop fire that guy is. luv it. wait till he 'grows up,' with muscles, experience, and all that. gonna be a thing of beauty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom