OT: - Bulls fire Fred Hoiberg | The Boneyard

OT: Bulls fire Fred Hoiberg

Reaction Score
I wonder if he'll return to college. Could see him as a good potential Alford replacement, or really almost any big job that comes open.

Thing is, he always hated recruiting. So he'd have to end up with a real bag man as his No. 1 assistant.

Reaction Score
Wow, pretty surprising. Did they expect him to win with the guys he has? Pretty harsh.

Early reports are that he wants to remain in the NBA. I think he has a decent reputation around the league too. Can't say I've followed the Bulls much lately however, even though I've watched loads more NBA the past couple years for UConn-related reasons.

Reaction Score
Chicago is a toxic situation but Hoiberg never impressed me as an in-game coach at Iowa State. I felt he was one of the more overrated coaches in the nation before leaving for the NBA.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He's going to make some college program very happy

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Always respected Fred H as a player, a coach and a person. His ISU teams were tough as nails and were always ranked.
In NBA, if you don't have the talent at multitude positions, no matter how good or bad you are as a coach, you aren't going to win.
I wish him the best and want to see him surface again real soon
Would love to have him at UConn (if DH wasn't here, but we will see)

Reaction Score
He’s a college coach
Not if he isn't enthusiastic about recruiting. You have to be able to bring in talent or you better have one heck of an assistant that can pull in the talent for you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He’ll get a college job in the spring.

He’s been pretty honest about not enjoying recruiting...no coach enjoys it, most just don’t admit it. But Hoiberg actually did recruit, so that’s not really a concern.

He put a lot of time into some 5-star guys that were never, ever going to land at ISU. That likely didn’t help his mood.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He’ll get a college job in the spring.

He’s been pretty honest about not enjoying recruiting...no coach enjoys it, most just don’t admit it. But Hoiberg actually did recruit, so that’s not really a concern.

He put a lot of time into some 5-star guys that were never, ever going to land at ISU. That likely didn’t help his mood.

Yup. An impatient power 5 ad will go for the 2 year turnaround.

Only question is where

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom