Bulletin board material for Christyn... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bulletin board material for Christyn...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So Christyn is not among the top 25 guards in the country? Damn Coco, you have a gift for posting the inflammatory.
I didn't say Guards-you made that part up. The list is of top 10 Players in the country.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One thing for sure: she is keeping herself busy.

I loved this "snippet". Christyn, next time don't tease us. Give us more. I enjoyed the quick 31 seconds you gave us. Next time, at least 2 minutes please. :)

Reaction Score
Team should have much more movement this coming year, benefiting CW. When in, Walker, Kyla and Aubrey were relatively stationary players. With Paige and Evina coming in, and Anna getting more time, looking forward to a more typical UConn spacing and motion offense.

Reaction Score
I think CW needs to work on more movement. I've watched every UConn game she has appeared in and when she aggressively moves without the badketball she scores, when she doesn't move she doesn't score either.

Reaction Score
I thoroughly agree with your assessment of CW's soph year: uneventful, sub par, and showing little or no progress from her freshman year. How many uncontested, short-range jumpers and bunnies did she miss this past year?!!! As you stated, she has no reason to feel slighted. Hopefully, it will spur her on to greater heights in her junior year and fully realize her great potential...

not totally true...............although she shot at a lower percentage her scoring average increased from 11.7 to 14.9, her rebounding average increased from 3.2 to 4.9 and her defense was somewhat improved over her freshman year in my opinion........

Reaction Score
not totally true...............although she shot at a lower percentage her scoring average increased from 11.7 to 14.9, her rebounding average increased from 3.2 to 4.9 and her defense was somewhat improved over her freshman year in my opinion........
So CW shot at a lower percentage, her scoring avg. went from 11.7 to 14.9, her rebounding increased from 3.2 to 4.9: As I said, she showed "little or no" improvement from her frosh year to her sophomore year...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Great find! If I could like that post 100 times I would!

Reminds me a bit of the days of Doty/Dolson where they did clever, fantastic, and funny videos. I think it was Caroline who did the videos and editing.

I HOPE Christyn picks up that mantle and graces us with some fun stuff of the whole team this coming season. Anyone remember this classic??!!

This year's team can do something like this with social distancing that was done on the Gampel Pavilion portion of the video. :cool: :cool:

Reaction Score
Ironically if CW was on the list, it probably should have been in Evina's place.

Also, if you read the article it actually talks more about the choices being based on the players' likelihood to win NPOY at times (though the title just says 10 best). And not saying that helps or hurts CW's case for inclusion on the list, but something to be considered.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So CW shot at a lower percentage, her scoring avg. went from 11.7 to 14.9, her rebounding increased from 3.2 to 4.9: As I said, she showed "little or no" improvement from her frosh year to her sophomore year...
Because of that low shooting percentage Crystal Dangerfield was the defacto Shooting Guard for UCONN starting at about mid season-Geno had no choice. This completely changed the dynamics of the team because Christyn also came up small as a facilitator (PG) even in a backup capacity.

Reaction Score

if she averages 17/6.5 next season and improves her shooting percentage a bit I think Geno will be quite satisfied........

Reaction Score
Because of that low shooting percentage Crystal Dangerfield was the defacto Shooting Guard for UCONN starting at about mid season-Geno had no choice. This completely changed the dynamics of the team because Christyn also came up small as a facilitator (PG) even in a backup capacity.
Exactamundo!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
if she averages 17/6.5 next season and improves her shooting percentage a bit I think Geno will be quite satisfied........
Any coach including Geno would be happy with those numbers. Christyn MUST lead the team next year. Christyn will be the only player with two full years of experience as a starter in this offense. Playing wise she just needs to get that freshman swagger back but the leadership will be essential.

Reaction Score
Any coach including Geno would be happy with those numbers. Christyn MUST lead the team next year. Christyn will be the only player with two full years of experience as a starter in this offense. Playing wise she just needs to get that freshman swagger back but the leadership will be essential.

I expect her to do just that................I think she was pressing too much last season and hopefully she has come to terms with that..............with ONO, Anna, Westbrook and Bueckers sharing the scoring load 17 ppg shouldn't be an issue............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom