Bull ThoughtZ™? | The Boneyard

Bull ThoughtZ™?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Figured I'd better get this in before tonight's game makes it obsolete. I was too wiped o ut and wound up last night to do it then, and wanted to rewatch te game before writing it,
  1. Once again, we started like a turd. But this time, we kind of cleaned up that mess before it got completely out of hand, and then slowly chipped away at our deficit until we tied it and made it stick.
  2. Everyone other than JC and AG played well in the first half. I really hate that it seemed to me that our recovery kinda got under way after AG came up lame. On further review, I'm going to say that he kicked off our turnaround when he drove the lane at 7:37 left in the first, and came down wrong on that ankle. Adams cleaned up his miss, but Alterique got up limping.
  3. We have a new savior, and his name is Brendan Adams. I never saw this coming off last year's performance, but last night, in a game where Bouknight, Akok, Vital and Carlton all played well in stretches, he was the best and most consistent player on the floor.
  4. Bouknight and Akok. Not sure which one is Batman and which is Robin. But they are both fun to watch.
  5. Vital. Rebounds. 10. Averaging 9.3 over four games. To go along with 3.8 dimes and 3.5 steals. And his 18.5 points. He's shooting 95% from the FT line. His FG% will come up and lessen the impact of his one lousy shooting night (St Joe's). We'll have to hope the 3TO avg gets fixed along the way, because other than that, his #s are top shelf stuff.
  6. I wouldn't say we stepped on their throat when we had them down, but once we took the lead in the 2nd half, they never got it back. Went from a kind of ebb and flow to a steady hold.
  7. It was nice to win the rebound battle rather convincingly for once. I could go for more of that!
  8. We also had more assists, and we out shot them from the floor, including from 3, but not from the foul line. When BA and CV were 10 of 12 from the line between them, the rest of the team just wasted opportunities at the line to go 2 for 9!
  9. 17 turnovers is unconscionable!

Onward! We can beat Xavier.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm really hoping BA can keep up his free throws, we need more than just CV to be automatic from the line, especially late in the game.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Re: #2 AG never scored last night according to the box
Yeah, he missed the shot and it was tipped in. I was concentrating on him landing when I rewatched it, and forgot all about Adams putback. Edited the OP to correct my miscue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom