Build the best possible team with UConn players since our last title | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Build the best possible team with UConn players since our last title

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
For the best functional team:

RJ
Bouk
DHam
Miller
Sanogo

For pure entertainment value:

Jalen
CV
Bouk
Andre
Sanogo

Reaction Score
The talent we surrounded Jalen Adams with while at UConn is criminal. I’d love to see him run with Bouk and CV. Or this past years team. He may be the biggest waste of Talent in UConn history. I still believe the kid had the goods with the right coaching.

Add him to this past years team and we may still be playing. He got to the rim with ease. And was a better shooter than given credit for.

Reaction Score
Fun Small ball lineup

Adams
Vital
Bouknight
Jackson
Freshman Akok

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams
Christian Vital
Daniel Hamilton
Shonn Miller
Adama Sanogo

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
The talent we surrounded Jalen Adams with while at UConn is criminal. I’d love to see him run with Bouk and CV. Or this past years team. He may be the biggest waste of Talent in UConn history. I still believe the kid had the goods with the right coaching.

Add him to this past years team and we may still be playing. He got to the rim with ease. And was a better shooter than given credit for.

As you saw with CV, once he bought into what Dan was preaching, he took off. Both he and Jalen developed bad habits, some through no fault of their own due to the lack of talent around them, but it’s a shame Jalen didn’t get a second year with this staff like CV did.

Reaction Score
Cole
Bouknight
Martin
Miller
Sanogo

6th man: Daniel Hamilton (mostly for positional versatility)

Ball-handling is maybe a little weak, but that team can hurt you at all 3 levels and will rebound like crazy.

Saying "Christian Vital, but only from February 2020" felt like cheating.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Cole
Bouknight
Martin
Miller
Sanogo

6th man: Daniel Hamilton (mostly for positional versatility)

Ball-handling is maybe a little weak, but that team can hurt you at all 3 levels and will rebound like crazy.

Saying "Christian Vital, but only from February 2020" felt like cheating.
I actually chose Vital over Bouknight because of defense and rebounding. Bouknight was a borderline bad/average defender, Vital could lock people down.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Cole
Bouknight
Purvis
Miller
Sanogo

Reaction Score
I actually chose Vital over Bouknight because of defense and rebounding. Bouknight was a borderline bad/average defender, Vital could lock people down.
I got enough defense and rebounding at the other positions, I want a bucket-getter.

Reaction Score

Jalen is the kid with the biggest delta - to me - between his potential when he got to Storrs and the player he was when he left. He is among the handful of recruits I was most excited for and I can only imagine the player he'd be now if he played his entire UConn career under Calhoun or Hurley. I'm not sure he was the hardest worker who's ever come through the program and, in his defense, I don't think he was really held accountable for 3/4 of the time he was here. I hate to use the phrase "waste of talent" about college kids but his potential was certainly not maximized. I genuinely thought he was going to be the next UConn pantheon level star. In addition to his talent, he seemed like he had such a winner's mentality coming out of high school.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Woah! Guess Adama was a saNoGo.
I'd have Whaley as Josh's backup. The ball has to move with that lineup.

I fully expect Adama to be my starter when we do this again next year ( or maybe Clingan ;-)

Reaction Score
Adams
Bouknight
Hamilton
Larrier before the ACL
Sanogo

You can’t double anyone

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd have Whaley as Josh's backup. The ball has to move with that lineup.

I fully expect Adama to be my starter when we do this again next year ( or maybe Clingan ;-)
Brimah?

Reaction Score
Hamilton would hate me but...

Cole - PG
Adams - PG
Bouknight - SF
Hamilton - PF
Sanogo - C

Reaction Score
Adams
Cole
Bouknight