Build the best possible team with UConn players since our last title | The Boneyard

Build the best possible team with UConn players since our last title

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I was thinking about this the other day when I was walking the dog around the block...

If you could pick any 5 starters + 1 guy off the bench to create a lineup of UConn players from 2014-15 season through this upcoming season's recruits, who would you have on the team?

The rule is, they had to be a freshman / new to the team starting in the 2014-15 season (so guys like Brimah, Purvis or Boat don't count). Basically, any recent player who was not a part of the last title team. It can include anyone who transferred out.

Here is the lineup I came up with.

PG: Jalen Adams
SG: James Bouknight
SF: Daniel Hamilton
PF: Shon Miller
C: Whaley
6th man: Christian Vital

I think that would be a pretty fun team to watch. Lots of offensive fire power.

I also considered Sanogo at Center, but Whaley is such an energy guy (and I'm feeling nostalgic we don't get to watch him play any more) I had to add him to the team.

Despite some dark years, we still had some pretty talented guys walk through the door.

Who do you got?

Reaction Score
I'd have those but substitute Adama for Shon as much as I love Shonn.

Reaction Score
What if you move Whaley to the 4 and have Sanogo at the 5. We all bemoaned the fact that we need 3 shooters on the floor if we are going to play Whaley and Sanogo. Well, Adams, Bouk and DHam are pretty good.

Reaction Score
PG: RJ Cole
SG: Jalen Adams
SF: James Bouknight
PF: Shonn Miller
C: Adama Sanogo

Equal parts best lineup and Cole/Adams are the two guys I most want to see what they'd do surrounded with other playmakers like this. You could also slide Vital and Hamilton in a couple different ways, but this is the two lead guards and a scoring wing combination that has been very very good to UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1: Jalen Adams
2: Christian Vital
3: James Bouknight
4: Tyrese Martin
5: Adama Sanogo
2nd this except maybe Shonn Miller for Martin. Don't think you can go wrong with either. But this is undoubtedly the best team you could build. Jalen, Vital, and Bouk can all create their own shot, dribble, and stroke it from 3. Martin is a 40% 3pt shooter too. Great rebounding team with Vital, Bouk, and Martin. And then Sanogo down low. This team would have a legit shot at a title

Reaction Score
PG - Jalen Adams
SG - James Bouknight
SF - Daniel Hamilton
PF - Andre Jackson
C - Adama Sanogo

Don't think we've had a good 4 to pair with Sanogo so just gonna space the floor with playmaking wings. Could be convinced to swap in Vital or Cole for Jackson and shift everyone down a slot

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
PG - Jalen Adams
SG - James Bouknight
SF - Daniel Hamilton
PF - Andre Jackson
C - Adama Sanogo

Don't think we've had a good 4 to pair with Sanogo so just gonna space the floor with playmaking wings. Could be convinced to swap in Vital or Cole for Jackson and shift everyone down a slot
If you put Vital in place of Jackson, that'd be a pretty lethal shooting 1-4 and give Sanogo plenty of space to operate inside / kick-out to beat a double team.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The February 2019 version of CV might be the best small sample guy in the post-2014 period. Don't know if I'd really want the guy who played the other 3+ years.

So, if we're going overall career instead of peak, I'm inclined to have:
Cole
Bouknight
Adams
Miller
Sanogo

Reaction Score
Don't think we've had a good 4 to pair with Sanogo so just gonna space the floor with playmaking wings.
i just realized shonn miller only made 9 threes during his season at uconn so would he have actually made for a better pair w/ sanogo? probably not. i think freshman year akok was the best option there. shame.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
2nd this except maybe Shonn Miller for Martin. Don't think you can go wrong with either. But this is undoubtedly the best team you could build. Jalen, Vital, and Bouk can all create their own shot, dribble, and stroke it from 3. Martin is a 40% 3pt shooter too. Great rebounding team with Vital, Bouk, and Martin. And then Sanogo down low. This team would have a legit shot at a title
4 guards and a short center? No. That team gets crushed. Can't defend and rebounding would be meh at best.

Reaction Score
The February 2019 version of CV might be the best small sample guy in the post-2014 period. Don't know if I'd really want the guy who played the other 3+ years.
I was thinking the same thing. For the first half of his senior year, I wanted him on the bench. His constant bad shots and turnovers were infuriating. Then something happened, and he became amazing.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Sanogo
Miller
Bouknight
Gibbs
Adams

Reaction Score
i just realized shonn miller only made 9 threes during his season at uconn so would he have actually made for a better pair w/ sanogo? probably not. i think freshman year akok was the best option there. shame.
Yeah Akok was really the perfect 4 to pair with Sanogo. I hope he's able to get back to the same player next year, takes our team to a whole other level

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams
Bouknight
D Hamilton
Miller
Sanogo

Martin is tempting at the 4, but he's not a stretch 4. Senior Facey got consideration, so did freshman Akok. Looking at rosters, between Diarra and Akok, we've had talent but major injury issues at the position. Anybody who picks Whaley over Sanogo or Brimah is nuts. Anybody who picks Vital over Purvis is nuts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom