BUFFALO IS COMING FOR YOU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BUFFALO IS COMING FOR YOU

Reaction Score
Enjoy watching us in the Final.

Perfect, yet better under his bed covers!
Horsehead under bedcovers.jpg

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think it would be fantastic for the women's game. If UConn is destined to lose this year there's no team I'd rather lose to than Buffalo.

"Lose" is a word that Geno nor anyone else in the program has used or is allowed to use this season. It's also a word that is considered blasphemous here in the yard if used in the same sentence with UConn. After the "head-on" crash the Huskies suffered against Mississippi State last year, that word has been banned from our consciousness and vocabulary. :mad:

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
The Gamecocks are used to playing in front of big crowds; are the heifers?

My guess is a very large percentage of the crowd will be wearing American flag blue and that most of them will be rooting for Buffalo.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My guess is a very large percentage of the crowd will be wearing American flag blue and that most of them will be rooting for Buffalo.

When we played Tennessee in the SEC Tournament, most of the fans there were for them and the same when we played Mississippi State. It's not like we won't have any fans there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Triad, I wouldn't suppose you're coming to Albany, are you?

like i stated in a previous thread......

Im sure Albany is a nice place to visit.... and in the future perhaps I'll make it to Albany when I do a tour of Northeast State Capital tours.. but a March 2018 trip to see my beloved team get destroyed by 77 points isnt exactly high on my list of things to do :oops:

I'd be willing to fedex some Donut World Donuts to BY members if Duke could keep the final margin of that possible matchup to less than 10 points :rolleyes:

I'll be their in spirit.... wearing my Duke Women's Basketball shirt :cool:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
like i stated in a previous thread.

I'll be their in spirit.... wearing my Duke Women's Basketball shirt :cool:

I'll cheer for your Blue Devils on Saturday. The USC/UB game starts at 11:30am; who gets up at such a dreadful hour on a weekend? That's not the worst; my flight leaves Columbia at 6:55am on Friday. I may just stay up all night so I don't miss it.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score

I would be shocked..... But this is a historic event for Buffalo..

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I would be shocked..... But this is a historic event for Buffalo..

Why would you be shocked? Of course, if Buffalo should beat South Carolina and meets UConn in the regional final that's different story, but I think most UConn fans wants to see South Carolina beaten for a variety of reasons.

Reaction Score
Maybe already said in this thread... BUT...here goes. Geno was asked which team or type of team he was most concerned about in the Tournament... his response was words to the effect of "the one we play next." :)
One game at a time. No looking ahead. UConn's focus since they beat Quinipiac is ...Duke. and then then they will focus on the next game against whomever it may be. :cool:

IF Buffalo's Coaches and Players are looking ahead to a match up with UConn, as some of those posting here seem to be, their game vs South Carolina will get ugly fast. Their primary focus through at least 1:30 to 2:00PM on Saturday, March 24 has to be South Carolina...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
South Carolina wins big. Sorry Buffalo, the dream is over.

I dunno about that. A disciplined pesky team can give USC, a flawed team, lots of problems. If Buffalo can do the old punch in the mouth, SC could freak and, sorry A'ja fans, A'ja might just shut down. 'I had a bad game; my bad.' I expect USC to win, but this tourney should have dispelled the notion that any seeding is a lock. I believe Nan posted this yesterday, buit it's Dawn on this Buffalo game.

Going to Sweet 16, USC wary of No. 11 seed Buffalo: 'I'm not deeming them Cinderella'

"They play hard, they're unselfish, they know where they want their shots to come from," Staley said, summarizing her opponent's strengths. "They stick with that. They don't go outside of who they are to try to make plays. They know exactly where each and every player is effective, and they put those players in those positions."

Reaction Score
When we played Tennessee in the SEC Tournament, most of the fans there were for them and the same when we played Mississippi State. It's not like we won't have any fans there.
That fact that there were very few tickets left for others to purchase leads me to believe that we will have more fans there than Buffalo.

Reaction Score
The Gamecocks are used to playing in front of big crowds; are the heifers?[/
Regardless of who wins this game...but I believe the UCONN fans will be rooting for Buffalo...bring it on GameCocks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom