Bueckers | The Boneyard

Bueckers

Reaction Score
Okay, I'm fully on board now. No amount of hyperbole is too much. She just about won this single handed, especially in OT. Needs some teammates to step up and go along for the ride with her.
I agree, I was very much a skeptic regarding the hype but she is that good. I thought she would be good but she is THAT good.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That was impressive, and if she does not make AA I will have to wonder why not?
That is in the rear view mirror. NPOY real possibility. Only Dana Evans seems like a possibility with her Senior status giving her an edge.

Paige balled out in the biggest game of the year while NPOY potential candidate Boston was ineffective for large parts of the game and was an example of unimportant statline

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm just wondering what the OP saw that gave him pause. She's been great from jump street!
She's been very good all season, but clearly she's taken it to another level recently.

edit--also I haven't been able to watch some of the games

Reaction Score
What Paige has/does so well-
1) great shooter, accurate,
2) very quick release on her shot too
3) great quickness overall, able to exploit any gap & get by defender
4) excellent anticipation & defender- her quickness helps here
5) obviously she is great passer
6) not afraid to shoot
7) friend & #1 recruiter of Azzi Fudd

Reaction Score
I am not one to usually just look at points but she is averaging 28.4 points over the last five games. It is crazy that it could be way higher.

Reaction Score
I think the thing that makes Paige special and rare is that she is both a pure shooter and a scorer. We have had many great shooters but not with the ability to drive and finish with creativity. We have also had players that were near the basket but could not shoot from the outside. When you add her ability to find open players with her passing, you have , I think, the most lethal offensive player in UCONN history.
Plus , Plus, she has shown that when the games are on the line , she steps up like there is no pressure and delivers.
The only thing in sports that I can compare this phenomena to is when Tiger Woods came on to the PGA tour, we knew he was great, but because he was new, we had no idea where it was going.
Gonna be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Paige is what UConn fans thought Wiliams was going to turn out to be. Now they can see the difference. Still to early to tell if she is generational. Give it a bit of time. Players go through hot and cold phases. Time will tell if that is the case with her and she is just in a hot phase now.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Paige is what UConn fans thought Wiliams was going to turn out to be. Now they can see the difference. Still to early to tell if she is generational. Give it a bit of time. Players go through hot and cold phases. Time will tell if that is the case with her and she is just in a hot phase now.
I don’t think this is accurate. Many of us — myself included - thought Williams would be much better than she’s been but most of us also recognized before she arrived that Beuckers would be better.

Reaction Score
The kid is remarkable! I'm blown away by her ability to shoot a jumper,so smoothly,going to her strong hand. That is so difficult to do!

As an aside...is it me, or is traveling not called regularly anymore? It seemed like PB, NM and CW got away with some.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom