Bueckers named BIG East freshman of the week.......again. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bueckers named BIG East freshman of the week.......again.

Reaction Score
I doubt they'll give it to Paige every week. They'll give it to other people even if Paige has better numbers - just for political reasons.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The BE was very strong during Maya's era especially. Now, winning FOW every week is as much Paige as the conference we are in.
The Big East then included Notre Dame, Louisville, Syracuse, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Boston College, and maybe others. That conference was beyond loaded.

Reaction Score
Just call it the Bueckers Award.

Like the rest of UConn nation, I am overjoyed at the prospect of her in a UConn uniform for the next four years. Better than advertised, which is remarkable given the buildup.

I am particularly looking forward to how she meshes with Evina, this year and hopefully next.

From watching the first four games, I can see that they are complementary pieces.

If you were to graph Paige`s movements on the court, you would see a lot of bending, curling movements, circles, zig zags, stop starts, weaves. Evina`s graph would look much different. Angled, straight lines, point A to point B, efficient, direct.

Evina seems very organized - her playing in Warlick`s non-system must have been torture - and it is clear she was paying attention during her "sit out" year, as she knows where to be at all times.

One is spectacular, the other precise. One is rolling sevens, while the other is counting cards at the blackjack table. An entrepeneur and an Executive Vice President. We need them both.

But this is Paige`s team and she is just getting acclimated, by March she will be playing at a whole different level. And where she is right now is pretty amazing.

This was the coolest thing I have read in some time! Well said, very well said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom