Budapest from Airport to Center City | The Boneyard

Budapest from Airport to Center City

Reaction Score
We are traveling to Budapest tomorrow.

We have a hotel downtown that doesn't offer airport trans.

Are the taxis at the airport trustworthy. I would ask for the amount before getting in.

Rick Steves says there is a bus with 3 stops to downtown

Any thoughts on the best way to g downtown?

I guess we could try Uber but don't know how without local phone service

Thanks.

Reaction Score
We are traveling to Budapest tomorrow.

We have a hotel downtown that doesn't offer airport trans.

Are the taxis at the airport trustworthy. I would ask for the amount before getting in.

Rick Steves says there is a bus with 3 stops to downtown

Any thoughts on the best way to g downtown?

I guess we could try Uber but don't know how without local phone service

Thanks.
Just take a taxi. Enjoy Budapest. One of my favorite cities.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm guessing by "downtown" you mean Pest. I've stayed on the Buda side, the elevation of which really gives a sweet view of Pest and the sheer enormity of the capital buildings. Seemed like there were sculptures of some obscure national hero on every block on that side as well. But Pest is where the nightlife is.

Anyway, I'd just hire a taxi, although Uber will have English speaking drivers. And you really do need to give chicken paprikash a shot over there. It's nothing like the bland crap we get here. Anything with mushrooms should also be divine.

Reaction Score
Good luck getting through immigration, hopefully it is more efficient than the times I've gone through it where it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R. There is also an airport bus, or I guess you can call it a shuttle, that really doesn't cost all that much, I think about the equivalent of 10 euros (they use HUF). Once you are in the city, it is a beautiful place. I've just had way too many long waits with immigration by air and by ground to ever want to go back (but the kind of waits where it's like, if I didn't know any better they just stopped to go take a tea break type of waits). I found the train system to be easy to use and you can get around to other areas in the country if you are looking for advice. But I recall Gyor being nice for example.

Reaction Score
Just FYI: Home from great trip to Budapest and Prague We ended up taking a 100E bus which left us a few blocks from our hotel. Bought the ticket inside the station - it was easy and much cheaper than a taxi.

BTW, we ended up hiring a car and driver to go from Budapest to Prague with 3 stops. About $600 plus tip but I would recommend over a train as we got to experience more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom