Bubble Watch | The Boneyard

Bubble Watch

Reaction Score

After the weekend’s win over Cincinnati, we were planning to devote this space, as we have done occasionally in the past, to Connecticut’s consistently promising performances, and what it all really means. Where do the Huskies go from here, man? Then our executive editor, in the matter of a single succinct tweet, did it for us:

Reaction Score

After the weekend’s win over Cincinnati, we were planning to devote this space, as we have done occasionally in the past, to Connecticut’s consistently promising performances, and what it all really means. Where do the Huskies go from here, man? Then our executive editor, in the matter of a single succinct tweet, did it for us:

Postseason basketball in 2020 and 2021 preseason hype!?...count me in

Reaction Score

How does this all shake out? AAC is trending downwards in terms of the amount of NCAAT teams it’ll have, so in theory, that should mean more AAC teams making the NIT. What does that mean for UConn? Maybe the article mentions that but I can’t read it. Just trying to spitball/figure out what UConn needs to do down the stretch to secure a spot in the NIT and even work towards getting a potential home game.

Reaction Score
Do you guys really think we will be in the preseason top 25? I just can't buy in until we land an immediate impact big.

Reaction Score
Do you guys really think we will be in the preseason top 25? I just can't buy in until we land an immediate impact big.

We have a top transfer PG, Bouk who will be on one of the all Big EAST preseason teams and ready for a break out year. Akok maybe Defensive Player of the Year this season and ready to make strides on O next season. Polley should be back (40 percent from 3). Sid, Adams & Gaffney returning. You add a 4 year starting Center in Carlton and a 4 year back up in Whalley. Plus the two freshman and Richie Springs.

I don't see how we are not in Top 25 but def Andy Katz Power 36.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
One of the sites that I check for spreads also offers prices on winning the Final Four. At the beginning of the season, every team has a price, and as the season progresses, they drop teams that they feel have zero chance. UCONN is still among the 58 teams that has a price. It's 100-1, which isn't enough to justify the wager, but it means that some people think we can still make the NCAA tourney. If they weren't garnering any action, they'd take UCONN down - that's how those markets work.

Reaction Score

Preseason top 25 is just where a bunch of folks who care to varying degrees place you based on opinions with in many cases very limited knowledge. It's not worth worrying about
One of the sites that I check for spreads also offers prices on winning the Final Four. At the beginning of the season, every team has a price, and as the season progresses, they drop teams that they feel have zero chance. UCONN is still among the 58 teams that has a price. It's 100-1, which isn't enough to justify the wager, but it means that some people think we can still make the NCAA tourney. If they weren't garnering any action, they'd take UCONN down - that's how those markets work.

LOL. I was in Vegas for the '12 NCAAs, and took 100-1 to bet on UConn to win it all. That team was already in the tourney when I placed the bet, and had Shabazz, Boat, Lamb, AO and Drummond starting with Roscoe, Giffey and Daniels on the bench. A fair bet for this year's team winning it all at this point would be more like 500-1.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
10 losses and not really any attention grabbing winnings but we sure LOOK like a tournament team right now. The game tomorrow will tell a lot.

I don’t believe we need to win the AACT to dance.

If we get to a record of something like 21-12 without winning the conference tournament we’ll be in the discussion. NET will be in the high 40s and we’ll be 8-2 in our last 10 which I’m pretty sure is a criteria.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
I think we can play our way in to the dance this year but it's a tight window without winning the AACT, tonight's game is a must win for a shot at an at-large.
Next years team with Jackson's athleticism along with Bauk & Akok will be a match up nightmare for opponents, Springs, Jackson & Javonte Brown Ferguson should be able to pick up the rebounding lost with Vital graduating IMO.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Preseason top 25 is just where a bunch of folks who care to varying degrees place you based on opinions with in many cases very limited knowledge. It's not worth worrying about

LOL. I was in Vegas for the '12 NCAAs, and took 100-1 to beat on UConn to win it all. That team was already in the tourney when I placed the bet, and had Shabazz, Boat, Lamb, AO and Drummond starting with Roscoe, Giffey and Daniels on the bench. A fair bet for this year's team winning it all at this point would be more like 500-1.

I hit UCONN (at 75-1) the last time they won it. Placed the bet BEFORE the conference tourney. When the Final Four started they were 6-1 and I sprinkled a bit more on them. Cleaned up that year. I agree that I would not touch 100-1 right now with this team...500-1 is more like it.

Reaction Score
it used to be.

They say it isnt anymore.

We arent getting in with 21-12 from the AAC no matter how soft the bubble is this year.
Can blame, essentially, their loss to St. Joe's and no Q1 wins for the fact that there's essentially no way for this team to make it at large.

Reaction Score
I think we can play our way in to the dance this year but it's a tight window without winning the AACT, tonight's game is a must win for a shot at an at-large.
Next years team with Jackson's athleticism along with Bauk & Akok will be a match up nightmare for opponents, Springs, Jackson & Javonte Brown Ferguson should be able to pick up the rebounding lost with Vital graduating IMO.
Tomorrow bro. Tomorrow.

Reaction Score

. If We beat smu. Let’s talk ncaas.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow bro. Tomorrow.
Tmrw huge. I’m ready to run the table. Moody colesium will be tuff but this isn’t the smu of years past. Totally beatable. I’m guessing spread will be SMU -3/3.5

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom