Bubble Watch... | The Boneyard

Bubble Watch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
The only bad thing about this win is I think it puts us in the 8/9 spot, which sucks because we'd have to play a #1 seed in round 2. I guess we're just going to have to whip on Cuse to ensure a better spot :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The only bad thing about this win is I think it puts us in the 8/9 spot, which sucks because we'd have to play a #1 seed in round 2. I guess we're just going to have to whip on Cuse to ensure a better spot :)

Thinking exactly the same thing - just without the smiley

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Thinking exactly the same thing - just without the smiley

Ya I was debating the smiley myself.... Lol

Reaction Score
The committee will not make us an 8-9 seed because they wouldn't do that to the 1 seed. It would be unfair to make the one seed play a talented UCONN in round 2 and they will take that into account. I doubt we would even play a two seed in round two.

Right now we are probably a six seed.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
The committee will not make us an 8-9 seed because they wouldn't do that to the 1 seed. It would be unfair to make the one seed play a talented UCONN in round 2 and they will take that into account. I doubt we would even play a two seed in round two.

I like your thinking, but it may be a lil wishful thinking. But here's to hoping your right bro

Reaction Score

Resumes matter. Theirs isn't one of a 6 seed.

Reaction Score
I was really hoping we would be a 10 and meet up with Duke in round 2, now I am hoping we win out and get a 6.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Unless we win this thing (not that that's impossible) we're entering the NCAAs with 13 losses. That's a lot for anything better than an 8/9

Reaction Score
Resumes matter. .

So does talent, a Hall of Fame coach and historical success. The fact that many of our losses occured when either Calhoun or Boatright were out is a huge factor that will be accounted for. We now have all of our pieces in place.

Six seed.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm thinking 4 or 5 seed after we win the BET

:)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Big East seedings get weird quickly because there are 9 or 10 teams in the Tournament. It is really hard to predict where we will be seeded because we may get bumped up or down a line to avoid a second round matchup. Of course, we could be one of the schools matched up with a BE opponent in the second round.

Reaction Score
So does talent, a Hall of Fame coach and historical success. The fact that many of our losses occured when either Calhoun or Boatright were out is a huge factor that will be accounted for. We now have all of our pieces in place.

Six seed.

I'd say you're wrong on about 5 of 6 points there:

1) Talent matters? The Committee could care less how good you appear on paper
2) Hall of Fame coach matters? Then why weren't we in the Tournament in 2010, or why wasn't Syracuse all those years?
3) Historical success? Same as #2
4) The fact that many losses occurred w/o JC or Boat? They might take that into account, although I'd be surprised they give us much credit when Boat was out for a suspension and not an injury
5) We now have all of our pieces in place? We have won 3 in a row for the first time since December, but the first two were must-wins against bad teams and the last one was a 50/50 game. If you're talking about personnel, yes; if you're talking about this team having proverbially "figured it out", I think we still need to see a little more
6) Six seed? Only if we win the Big East Tournament, or if we reach the finals and a lot of other 5-7 seeds do poorly this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom