Should be in (all need one win to clinch): Pitt, Clemson
Work left to do: UNC, Wake

Big 12:
Locks: Kansas, Texas, Kansas State, Baylor, TCU
Should be in: Iowa State
Work left to do: Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Okie State

Big East:
Locks: Marquette, Xavier, UConn
Should be in: Providence, Creighton (I incorrectly had them as a lock previously as I thought they had 19 wins)

Big Ten:
Locks: Purdue, Indiana, Northwestern
Should be in: Maryland, Illinois
Work left to do: Michigan, Iowa, Michigan State, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Penn State

Mountain West:
Should be in: SDSU
Work left to do: Boise State, Utah State, Nevada, New Mexico

Pac-12:
Locks: UCLA, Arizona
Should be in: USC, Arizona State

SEC:
Locks: Alabama, Tennessee
Should be in: Kentucky, Missouri, Texas A&M
Work left to do: Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State

WCC:
Locks: Gonzaga, St. Mary's

Others:
Work left to do: FAU, Charleston

Locks: 22 (9 are auto bids at moment)
At-large places available: 23
Teams in the running for at-large places: 34 (32 if FAU and Charleston win respective conference tournaments)

Reaction Score

1677425846670.png

Reaction Score
A10 could be one bid league. Dayton lost a big one last night to George Mason which would've left them alive.

I think both PC and Creighton are in they just can't crap themselves on the way out.

UNC making it hard now for the committee considering who they are. Here's hoping they lose a couple more. I have no issues being lined up in the round of 32 with an ACC winner.

Penn State might be the best if the B10's work left to do believe it or not. But all are very inconsistent. RU can't score suddenly even at home.

I'm afraid Calipari's kids have found something, they have been playing pretty well over the last month and I'm kind of happy they made Pearls Tigers look dreadful yesterday!

The Madness will be interesting!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
A10 could be one bid league. Dayton lost a big one last night to George Mason which would've left them alive.

I think both PC and Creighton are in they just can't crap themselves on the way out.

UNC making it hard now for the committee considering who they are. Here's hoping they lose a couple more. I have no issues being lined up in the round of 32 with an ACC winner.

Penn State might be the best if the B10's work left to do believe it or not. But all are very inconsistent. RU can't score suddenly even at home.

I'm afraid Calipari's kids have found something, they have been playing pretty well over the last month and I'm kind of happy they made Pearls Tigers look dreadful yesterday!

The Madness will be interesting!
I think PC and Creighton both need only one more win, and I think both will get at least two the rest of the way.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We are at the point of the season where teams that had major injuries, and now have those players back, get reconsidered in that light. The Committee may do nothing, but there are a few teams whose seasons were impacted by injuries, but now those teams are full strength and playing better.

Creighton is in the field, but it will be interesting to see how they are seeded given that they went 0-4 when Kalkbrenner was sick, and have looked like a Top 10-15 team with him healthy.

USC had a tough run without two of their starters, but at 100%, they look pretty good. They still have to beat ASU and can’t have a bad loss in the PAC 12 tournament.

An interesting team is Villanova. The Committee has said repeatedly over time that its purpose is to select the best teams for the NCAA tournament. Villanova, with Moore and Whittier at 100%, has not proven it is one of those teams yet, but it could.

If Villanova wins its next 2, and then 2 more in the Big East Tournament, they might get into the discussion depending on how many bubble teams face plant in their conference tournaments. I am expecting that to be a big number. We should expect Villanova’s “A” game this weekend, because they have a shot to play themselves into the Tournament.

Reaction Score
We are at the point of the season where teams that had major injuries, and now have those players back, get reconsidered in that light. The Committee may do nothing, but there are a few teams whose seasons were impacted by injuries, but now those teams are full strength and playing better.

Creighton is in the field, but it will be interesting to see how they are seeded given that they went 0-4 when Kalkbrenner was sick, and have looked like a Top 10-15 team with him healthy.

USC had a tough run without two of their starters, but at 100%, they look pretty good. They still have to beat ASU and can’t have a bad loss in the PAC 12 tournament.

An interesting team is Villanova. The Committee has said repeatedly over time that its purpose is to select the best teams for the NCAA tournament. Villanova, with Moore and Whittier at 100%, has not proven it is one of those teams yet, but it could.

If Villanova wins its next 2, and then 2 more in the Big East Tournament, they might get into the discussion depending on how many bubble teams face plant in their conference tournaments. I am expecting that to be a big number. We should expect Villanova’s “A” game this weekend, because they have a shot to play themselves into the Tournament.

Good points but I have to believe the only road for Nova is win the BE tourney, which by the way may not be a huge stretch.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Good points but I have to believe the only road for Nova is win the BE tourney, which by the way may not be a huge stretch.

Its not a stretch at all. They have as good a shot as anyone else in the top 5 and better shot than a couple of those teams in my opinion. They are dialing it in right now. Our game Saturday on the road is a huge test for us.

Reaction Score
I would absolutely sign up for this.

In Albany against Yale, then Miami/Iona. Honestly, of all of those, Iona would scare me the most. Miami just lost in horrific fashion. Their good wins are mostly in a weak ACC, and home vs. Providence, which doesn't impress me.

Possible matchup with Purdue -- who have shown some weaknesses -- in the Sweet 16 in MSG.

KSU/Tennessee are probably the weakest #2/3 combination. Otherwise possibly Creighton in the Elite 8.

Attachments

• 1677596967757.png
    1677596967757.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 89
Reaction Score
I would absolutely sign up for this.

In Albany against Yale, then Miami/Iona. Honestly, of all of those, Iona would scare me the most. Miami just lost in horrific fashion. Their good wins are mostly in a weak ACC, and home vs. Providence, which doesn't impress me.

Possible matchup with Purdue -- who have shown some weaknesses -- in the Sweet 16 in MSG.

KSU/Tennessee are probably the weakest #2/3 combination. Otherwise possibly Creighton in the Elite 8.
Just came here to post this. As much as I’d like to be a 3 seed, a 4 in the East with Yale and Miami is about as good. I don’t want to sell anybody short, but I’d rather face Miami than Duke. Filipowski might be a touch matchup I guess. The most important thing for now is staying at least a 4. I don’t want to be in another 5-12 matchup.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If the season ended right now and Lunardi’s latest bracket is 100% accurate, I like our chances against Purdue in a 1 v 4 sweet 16 game. And I also like our chances against Kansas St in a 2v4 regional final all at MSG. Let’s go Huskies!!!.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom