Bubble Watch (2/1/24) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bubble Watch (2/1/24)

Reaction Score
This methodology is dumb at best. We had this argument last year when this idiot had Houston on the bubble until the beginning of March. If you're going to project teams in the tournament then do it based on performance to date. No cares about who is in if a team loses all the rest of their games which for any decent team is a probability of like 0.00000000000000000001%. Using the Shiz methodology, you might as well just wait for the brackets to come out.
Wow. you feel very strongly about this to call someone an idiot for using a particular methodology.

I think his use of "Lock" makes sense. It's the only unbiased way to do it. Otherwise you would have a ton of gray area. Can you lose every game from today until the end and still make it in? Then you are a lock for sure. In two weeks the amount of lock will drastically increase as the season progresses.

Whoever is not a "LOCK" yet at this point but will likely make it to the NCAA tournament is appropriately covered by the "Should be In" category.

--->

I'm just glad to see UCONN up there so early in the season. It feels good to know that even in the theoretical worst case scenario of losing every game there isn't a way to keep us out. No way a committee would keep a 19-13 Big East team out of the NCAA. Its a testament to this great program and how it has returned to the top of the CBB world

Reaction Score
Even if we lose our last ten games by double digits? Even if we have numerous injuries? Even if half our team flunks out?

Mathematically speaking, we could go 19 and 14 ad also have all of the above occur. Would that be a "lock."

Reaction Score
Wow. you feel very strongly about this to call someone an idiot for using a particular methodology.

I think his use of "Lock" makes sense. It's the only unbiased way to do it. Otherwise you would have a ton of gray area. Can you lose every game from today until the end and still make it in? Then you are a lock for sure. In two weeks the amount of lock will drastically increase as the season progresses.

Whoever is not a "LOCK" yet at this point but will likely make it to the NCAA tournament is appropriately covered by the "Should be In" category.

--->

I'm just glad to see UCONN up there so early in the season. It feels good to know that even in the theoretical worst case scenario of losing every game there isn't a way to keep us out. No way a committee would keep a 19-13 Big East team out of the NCAA. Its a testament to this great program and how it has returned to the top of the CBB world
You should go back to last year's thread and read some of the asinine stuff this guy posted. I don't find these projections to be helpful personally, but to each their own.

Reaction Score
Even if we lose our last ten games by double digits? Even if we have numerous injuries? Even if half our team flunks out?

Mathematically speaking, we could go 19 and 14 ad also have all of the above occur. Would that be a "lock."
I repeat, yes

Reaction Score
Criteria:
Locks: mathematically qualified for the NCAA tournament (can lose every game the rest of the way and still get in)
Should be in: teams that are looking good but not yet locks
Work left to do: bubble teams

Big East
Lock: UConn
Should be in: Creighton, Marquette
Work left to do: Seton Hall, St. John's, Providence, Butler, Villanova
Top three should still be good including 1 Lock
Butler a surprise with 4 wins in a row and rising
The rest all have 14 wins or fewer with 9 regular BE games left
Georgetown and DePaul aren't even ballast at this point chief

Reaction Score
I can’t say I’m a big fan of how the OP is using terms like locks this early in the season — if that’s how you’re using the term why start this early – but I don’t get the anger and angst. He’s trying to educate and share. This surely is an area where if we don’t think the terms make sense, don’t pay attention. It’s not like a thread where someone is trashing someone or something and one can feel the need to defend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom